PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with elevated kidney levels

Cptdebbie
24-08-15, 05:11
I am delighted to find this support group. It has already helped me to feel like I'm not all alone in my phobias that I find so hard to fight.

I had a breast lump that was removed about a year ago. It was classified as benign but atypical and with hyperplasia. I went in this week with to have my 12 month see what is happening. When I had my MRI, my creatinine level was 1.5. I went in for my regular annual blood work two days later and it was 1.3, still slightly elevated.

These levels are about twice as high as mine have always been. My doctor said she thinks I was just dehydrated, and she has also taken me off a diuretic I take for my HB pressure to see if that helps. I am supposed to get retested this Friday. I don't think she would have requested a retest, though, except that I reminded her that we had doubled my diuretic dosage and changed the type on my last visit since my blood pressure was running a bit high. So, my doc doesn't seem worried at all.

I, on the other hand, am sure I have kidney cancer. I don't understand why I go so quickly so the worst possible outcome. I'm not even worried about the fact that my breast MRI showed a small something that the docs think is scarring from last years surgery. I have to get retested in 6 months to see if it's growing. Fixating on that seems more reasonable. Yet, here I am sure that I will find out that I have kidney cancer.

I know these thoughts are anxiety driven and not from the reasonable part of my being, yet I can't seem to control them. The only thing that seems to help is to keep myself busy and otherwise occupied so I won't think about it. Sometimes, though, when I am going through these episodes, it all overwhelms me and I get debilitated. I just can't get up and get busy.

I'm a 55 year old female, married to a wonderful man for 35 1/2 years, and have 5 children, and 7 grandchildren. I have lots to be grateful for. And, if I were unfortunate to come down with a terminal disease, I wouldn't want to spend the time I have left being anxious and depressed.

I just am not quite sure how to fix me. I've been to plenty of therapy and take medication. I'm still here, though, doing the same thing.

Your suggestions would be much appreciated.

sial72
24-08-15, 08:31
Hi Debbie
It is difficult to know what to say as you are very aware of your thought patterns and of everything.
Do you do any exercise at all? That helps a lot to clear the mind.
What meds do you take?
What is your diet like? It has now been proved that gut health is related to mental health, so eating properly also helps with anxiety.
Congratulations on having such a lovely big family x

AnxietyDJ
24-08-15, 10:56
Hi Debbie, believe me it is perfectly natural to worry about any tests that show results a little outside of the norm - every single person would feel anxious about that, so it really isn't just you. As you said, you have a wonderful family around you, who I am sure would be glad to talk to you about your concerns and support you through good times and bad.

I'm sure the test results were nothing to worry about and will return to normal next time around, but as we all know, it is the waiting that is the hardest part.

As sial mentioned, exercise is a great tool for helping to de-stress and forget about things for a while (as well as the natural processes it kick-starts within you that make you feel good), and will also help things such as blood pressure in the longer term.

Take care of yourself and hope you can feel better soon :)