PDA

View Full Version : Anxious and Depressed in the USA

Cptdebbie
24-08-15, 05:42
Hi All,

I'm a 55 year old woman married to a wonderful husband. I am mostly a homemaker, although I've had a few jobs from time to time. My husband and i had and raised 5 children together, so most of my time during the last three decades has been focused on that huge task. I've also tried to follow my dream to get a PhD. I am finishing up my dissertation and will soon have a PhD in history.

I have suffered with depression and anxiety my entire adult life. Sometimes it has been reasonably well controlled; other times it has not. I have been through a particularly rough episode the last four months. Part of the difficulty of this episode is that I am just so tired of dealing with this. When I was younger I was sure I would figure it out and it would go away. However, several therapists and various medications haven't cured me. It's essentially been a 35 year struggle.

Reading through some of your stories has given me some renewed hope. Many of your postings include things I have not yet tried. Maybe there is something out there that will work for me yet.

I look forward to being a part of the community. Thank you!!

venusbluejeans
24-08-15, 05:49
Hiya Cptdebbie and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

AnxietyDJ
24-08-15, 10:35
Hello and welcome to the site :welcome:

Hopefully you can find some help and comfort here... It is a great place and has been a huge help to me since joining.

Take care and feel better soon :)

Mark13
24-08-15, 22:10
Hi. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.