PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety set-back

petals
24-08-15, 11:20
Hi all

So I started taking Citalopram 9 days ago. Haven't noticed any good happening from them yet. Had side effects, and felt quite down on Saturday. But yesterday, I felt a bit perkier and more positive. Today however, I have gone back down again and feel rotten. The reason being, my friend at work, her mum passed away yesterday. She has come into work today to get away from all the anguish. She's only in work for the morning, just to have a bit of normality, so I guess I can kind of understand.

Anyway, its just me and her in the office, although people do come in and out. I was dreading coming in, but we've been talking and so she's not too bad now. But I have felt very very awkward.

I know I am being completely selfish here, just thinking about myself. But now, even though the awkward hello's etc. are over, I feel rotten. Stomach hurts, feel like I need to run to the toilet, heavy head, tired.

Anyone got any advice please? I know I must come across like completely unfeeling, but I'm really not. I feel so sorry for her. But physically I feel drained, and this is something I can't seem to control.

Thanks

Oosh
26-08-15, 14:05
Situations like that can be a bit awkward. But you're also in the early days of starting medication and are bound to feel awful. Give yourself some time to settle on them. It's always tricky at the start.

Corelli41
26-08-15, 14:59
I was two weeks on cit and was trying to reduce the beta blocker I was on and had a terrible day. It set me back a few days but I'm another week on nearly and I'm on a slow release beta with the cit and am feeling good today. Day by day getting there. I also had terrible side effects with the cit, hence the beta blocker. The thing is that cit doesn't work overnight and can take weeks and weeks to be effective. Stick with it.

petals
27-08-15, 09:56
Thanks for the support guys. Feeling better now, I'm hoping the meds will kick in soon, nearly been on them two weeks x

Corelli41
27-08-15, 13:43
Thanks for the support guys. Feeling better now, I'm hoping the meds will kick in soon, nearly been on them two weeks x

I was nearly three weeks on them before feeling the effects but they are working now. Stick with it.