PDA

View Full Version : Have to meet a stranger today!!!!

annnaa
24-08-15, 12:35
Hi! The summer holidays in Belgium are almost over, and apart from the wonderful trip we made, i haven't done a single activity. When i came back, i had convinced myself that if i wanted a life, i had to start living. I instantly pursued my mother to come and join me every week in the swimming pool (i want to work out some more) and that afternoon, an old friend came by and before i could even freak out, it went GREAT. We even went to her house and her former guardians (my current neighbors) even seemed to think i was funny. I played with their little daughter and felt completely comfortable - it was the most beautiful day of the holidays. It also gave me a lot of confidence, but just 4 days after it was my birthday, and i even pretended to feel sick (though my forehead was hot ) and cancelled my plans with my 2 only friends, who couldn't choose a movie to watch in the cinema. I ended up doing nothing and in the evening, my mother asked me why my friends didn 't come over to surprise me and i replied "they don't do such thing" and then i ran upstairs and cried for a whole hour.

My Mum gave me a card for a makeup session, which is today. Its half past 1 in the afternoon and the appointment is at 5 or something.. I'm so scared, especially because it 'll take about 2 hours AND my Mum ' s watching so if i go red or if i'm awkward , she'll start telling others i 'm "shy" and "embarassed really fast". What do i do? If i get awkward i suddenly get tears in my eyes and my face goes scarlet...

Thank you x

sial72
24-08-15, 14:12
Hi
Could you not speak to your Mum and ask her not to say things like that in front if people?

AnxietyDJ
24-08-15, 14:24
Would it maybe be easier if you politely asked your mum if she could wait outside or in a nearby cafe, while you go in for the session? I'm sure she will understand if you explain how you feel :)

Good luck today, I hope it goes ok for you and you enjoy getting a makeover! :shades: