PDA

View Full Version : Eye pain and headaches

natalie yog
24-08-15, 15:51
Well as most of you know for the last 2 weeks I've been having eye pain and headaches plus a big aneurysm fear. So I went to the optician (again) and the optometrist was fantastic and listened to my worries and did a thorough check and said that there was nothing there for me to worry about. The only thing was my tear ducts weren't the best and told me to get eye drops.
So though I do feel slightly more relaxed I still have that evil little voice saying but what if he missed something.
Please Health Anxiety bugger off.

natalie yog
24-08-15, 20:49
Horrible stiff strained tense feeling all over head making me feel like my brain in pulsating with the odd sharp pain that comes and goes. Is it even possible for the skull to rub against the brain ?

mattyjp
24-08-15, 21:22
I'm getting the same thing now for 3 weeks, had a brain ct scan but still worried.

kirstynic
24-08-15, 21:42
My head pain is relentless and is getting worse, Dr failed to reassure me just sent me away with nose spray and to go back in a week if no improvement. He lists off red flag symptoms of which I matched a few but will feel more justified sending me for a scan after trying to treat me with something.

Pretty sure this isn't anxiety as don't think it could hurt this much.

Natalie apparently you can see a lot from a thorough eye exam so try and find some reassurance with that and Matty anything significant would show on a ct scan if you relax soon and have confidence in this you may find your symptoms fade.

mattyjp
24-08-15, 22:10
Thank you I keep telling myself I'm lucky to have a ct scan which all came back normal.

GoWhiteSox
24-08-15, 22:13
im in this club too...my ct scan is clear but head continues to hurt...only thing i can say is worrying about it makes it worse because then you give yourself tension headaches on top of it...hang in there guys :-)

natalie yog
25-08-15, 02:30
Thanks for all your replies.

sammie13s
25-08-15, 14:35
I had a ct scan plus MRI scan last week because iv had a constant headache for 12 weeks. Feels as though my heads full of pressure and it's banging. My ears hurt and my eyes do aswel. All mine came back clear so I'm putting it down to the fact that I'm really stressed and having a bad few months as my anxiety is threw the roof ��

mattyjp
25-08-15, 16:22
That's how I feel and it's not getting better, think I will go for a eye test. I keep telling myself that my ct scan and bloods test came back normal too.

white1989
25-08-15, 17:14
I had horrible headaches for nearly a month, like a pushing sensation on the back, sides and top of my head plus shooting pains, I was so worried and had a ct scan and brain mri and all were clear, the doctors told me that these sorts of headaches are very rarely brain related; generally, a headache related to the dreaded 'brain tumour' fear would be accompanied by symptoms such as weakness and inability to lift legs and arms, and vomiting as well (although this can be a migraine symptom so don't panic if you have this). basically, you'd have a whole host of other symptoms if your headache was relating to something serious (and apparently a headache would be the last symptom to develop in these cases and you would have gone to the doctor about other symptoms way before the onset of the head pain). best thing to do is make an appointment with your gp to request an mri scan to put your mind at rest, but I would say that you have absolutely nothing to worry about and you'll be absolutely fine, I was so surprised that after my mri scan came back clear my headaches went a few days later!! just shows how psychological it can be :D best wishes x

mattyjp
25-08-15, 17:53
I'm going to get a eye test as it could be that.

natalie yog
25-08-15, 17:56
Hi white1989.It sounds like your headaches were terrible. My head pain just last a couple of seconds throughout the day and so does my eye pain. I'll be seeing my Dr on Friday and tell her what my fears are. I really need to trust my Dr and know that he's trained for years and knows best.