PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Cancer

Jamie123
24-08-15, 18:23
Guys I am at it again worried I have stomach cancer. I have had a clicking under my left rib when I push in in certain positions and also when i lie in a certain way for around 4 years and a few months ago after searching I found it on my right side but less prominent. I read online and immediately became worried as I was scared it was H Pylori and that it will have caused me stomach cancer as I have recently lost about 5kg of weight (probably due to not eating from anxiety) in the past month and a half in which at times I have eaten at times just 2 pieces of bread a day which is not much considering im borderline obese according to the BMI scale. Also I have been feeling a numb sort of feeling at the bottom of my left rib and at times feel like a little bit of pain or a stitch sort of feeling which goes away quickly which I have very rarely and have had about twice which was while sitting (the numb feeling usually happens when i focus on it) which I personally believe is due to my posture as I have a little bit of pain under the ribs in my back also and it seems the rib is pushing down but I feel this mostly when I think about it. I have also been feeling full quickly and have had back pain. This has me worried as I am scared that I will have incurable stomach cancer and will not be able to live for much longer as the statistics dont make for good reading as most websites say these are symptoms of late stage stomach cancer which has given me even more concern. I have also recently had blood in my stool which looked very fresh and was on the side of the stool like a streak and not inside and was bright red and feel a slight bit full when eating some food and very full when I eat a big meal however it does not make me throw up or feel nauseous which calmed me down very slightly.I have also been more flatulent than usual the past week I am very scared please I know no one is a doctor but any friendly comments which could calm me down would be very helpful. Most of my symptoms seem like they could be caused by anxiety do you guys agree? Please I really need advice or some info that could indicate I probably dont have stomach cancer. I used to eat a lot but since starting summer holidays I have had a lot of free time and therefore my panic has been running on overdrive.
I also have a bit of pain in my lower back which I attribute to the way i sit and my posture
Btw: None of pain is anything very serious and often feels like its the rib itself rather than the actual stomach and none of it is constant and I can eat relatively large amounts of food without feeling nauseous and I dont believe my symptoms are severe in general but I am scared due to a lot of people not having any symptoms at all and all the scary propaganda about cancer.I am nearing 20 years of age and have worried about most cancers.
Im sorry I post so much but just posting is very helpful and makes me feel much better. I would like to add the rib click rarely ever happens on its own usually only when I push in on the precise spot where it is when I am in certain positions like lying on my side with my arm supporting my head or sitting slouched.

daisyflower
24-08-15, 22:04
20 year olds don't get stomach cancer, why are you making yourself ill? Stop pushing your ribs. You need to fill your time and occupy your mind. You know you don't have stomach cancer. Concentrate on treating your health anxiety and enjoying your life, you're way too young for this x

Jamie123
24-08-15, 22:09
Thanks for the reply,
I really need to stop googling and live life but its so hard when you read things like if you dont get that itch checked out it could be 20 types of cancer at the same time which are going to kill you so I try keep an eye on everything and the thing that worries me most is that some people have no symptoms so you dont know what to look out for in particular. Thanks for the reassurance your message made me feel better.its hard to look at positive statistics like that it is unlikely at my age when I am delving into the worst possible senarios.

daisyflower
24-08-15, 22:41
Mate, you need to try your best to be more positive. Although people do get cancer, not everyone gets it and it's mostly older people. The media isn't helping but you don't have to permanently scan yourself for things, if something major was wrong you would know without having to look for it. You are more likely to be in a car crash at 20 than get stomach cancer...doesn't mean you can never leave the house.
Most people don't get cancer...don't waste your time thinking about it when you should be enjoying being young and healthy.
You need to deal with your health anxiety, not your health. Do things that make you happy. When you are starting to do silly things like press your ribs, put on a funny film or go out with friends x

zemikec
24-08-15, 22:57
So... if it makes you feel any better...

I had a similar concern about stomach cancer. I brought it up to my doctor. He said no chance. Not at my age. Not with similar symptoms that you're having.

Obviously I'm not a doctor... but the way he said it and looked at me... I instantly trusted him.

Jamie123
24-08-15, 23:01
Thanks a lot thats made me feel much better.

zemikec
24-08-15, 23:06
Thanks a lot thats made me feel much better.

And I mean... I had almost identical symptoms to you.

Besides... the blood would be black.

About a year ago I had the worst anxiety of my life. I overcame it for about 8 months. I had a minor minor relapse recently as I prepare for a routine check up.

During that 8 months... all of my anxiety symptoms were gone. I lost weight like you. I gained it back. I was less gassy. The anxiety is putting your digestive system into overdrive. Even a little stress in my life makes my digestive system turn to crap. (Pun intended). And I don't have IBS. Fight or flight just speeds up everything.