PDA

View Full Version : Introducing me

Chanel Evans
25-08-15, 01:04
Hey :) I am Chanel, 18 from the UK.
Long story short, I am a victim of child neglect at the hands of my stepdad and mam, my younger siblings where victims too.
My stepdad got 1 year jail and he is set free January 2016, my mam got 180 community service.
My siblings are in foster care about 2 hours away from me but I get to visit them whenever I can. The foster family is amazing :)
I suffer from anxiety, paranoia and I have recently been diagnosed with PTSD
(post-traumatic-stress-disorder)
I can get really depressed and I often have thoughts about harming myself or even suicidal thoughts.
I have been in counselling and I am currently in therapy.
I have joined this site in the hopes of meeting new people and having someone to talk to.

venusbluejeans
25-08-15, 01:12
Hiya Chanel Evans and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Zeldagirl
25-08-15, 03:41
Hello :) im so sorry about what you have been through :( I can imagine that would cause some emotional issues and I'm very glad you have found a foster home that you are happy in. You will find a lot of support here. Things will get better, even when you are certain they won't... They do. Ill will be praying for you and your family. I hope you feel better soon :)

MyNameIsTerry
25-08-15, 04:55
Hi Chanel & welcome to NMP :welcome:

I hope you find all the support you wish for on here and maybe make some friends too and have a laugh.

There are 2 women on here that I've seen talk about problems with parents, although not abuse from what I saw, but maybe they will know a bit about how you feel?

It's great to here your siblings have a good foster family. I bet that helps you to knowing they are well looked after and benefitting from some caring people to help them rebuild their lives?

sial72
25-08-15, 08:39
Hi Chanel,so sorry to hear what you have been through. It is normal that you have anxiety and PTSD but you sound like a really strong person and I'm sure you will get better. Welcome xxx

Whippy
25-08-15, 17:35
Hi Chanel, I'm sorry to hear what you have been through. I sufferd from abuse from ex boyfriend for 4 years.

I hope using the website can help you through this difficult time. If you ever feel like you want to chat.I will be around.

Take care.

Chanel Evans
25-08-15, 19:58
Thanks everyone :) xxxx

Sparkle1984
25-08-15, 20:07
Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll find plenty of help and support here - I certainly have. :)

AnxietyDJ
26-08-15, 00:18
Welcome to the site! :welcome:

It's a great place full of lovely people. I hope you can find some help and comfort here.

Take care and feel better soon :)

Greg101
26-08-15, 13:54
Welcome Chanel

Greg :)

Chanel Evans
26-08-15, 19:47
Thanks everyone :) your responses mean a lot xxx

Chanel Evans
27-08-15, 20:56
im alright for now thanks :) x