PDA

View Full Version : Panicking about scan results

Ditapage
25-08-15, 02:24
Sorry for the silly question, I am trying to be rational but hoping someone could calm me down for a minute.

After my CT scan, the films were printed out within minutes and I was free to go. Is the timing that they are printed out an indication something was wrong? I had the scan 24 hrs ago. I am seeing the doctor this afternoon (he didn't call me, I made the appointment as soon as I got home from the scan and he obviously didn't have the results yet) and the receptionist said I don't have to bring the pictures anyway because the doctor can access them. Is it normal to go home with the scans? This is my first scan if you can't tell ;) I called the radiology place at 4:30pm the same day (scan was at 10:30) and they said the report was sent to the GP. The radiology receptionist informed me before my scan anyway that my GP would have the results by the afternoon. (Thank goodness she didn't tell me that on the way out, AFTER the scan because I would've panicked big time that it was urgent)

I didn't call the GP because I had already made the appointment and I haven't had any phone calls so would I have heard sooner? My anxious brain is saying they printed the scans straight away because I have to see the doctor right away.

Apologies for how neurotic this sounds :S

swgrl09
25-08-15, 02:27
I had a CT scan of my head and sinuses ... whole thing was very fast and I left the radiologist with a disc of my scans. I refused to look at it so I wouldn't analyze them myself and the doctor actually called me at home, which scared the living daylights out of me, but he was just telling me they were normal besides allergic inflammation. They also sent them directly to him digitally. Crazy how quick it can be.

Ditapage
25-08-15, 03:09
Thank you for replying, my rational brain is nodding to you right now :) couldn't wait anymore so called the doctor (telling them you have HA really helps to get quicker answers) and its all fine.

I even had a freak out after the scan yesterday when I asked the guy who scanned me if it was OK and he said "I can't give that information." I figured that's what they tell people with a bad result. Then I learned on wretched Google of course that they're not allowed to say either way.

blue moon
25-08-15, 03:24
Hi Dita:D

Your report does get sent to the Dr,They use to give you the disc You will be fine I know you are worried but why not have a nice lunch and cuppa and relax before your appointment

Petra x

Ditapage
25-08-15, 03:46
Thanks blue moon :)

The scan was fine but I know I need the doctors appointment. He said the deal was he'll give me the scan if I promise to do something about this anxiety (like medicate) which I was reluctant to do but I KNOW my brain isn't my only obsession, as I have OCD and it will always be something. I told myself if my brain is fine I will take my dog for a walk at the beach (she would LOVE it , she is so active and loves outdoors and she's been laying around the room while I obsessively Google all day) but OCD STILL says "you will panic or collapse, an ambulance will come and you will lose your dog :( OCD sucks.

But if you see all my past threads, the head fixation was ruling my life so I don't regret the scan. I regret the fact it's not exactly the end of my obsessive thinking :(