PDA

View Full Version : short jabs of pain in head

maria26
25-08-15, 15:38
Does anyone get stabs of pain in head, not agony. I have my usual right side temple pain on and off but today I am getting short sharp pains on the top and side of my head. I know anxiety causes headache but this is not a headache as such.
As my fear is a brain tumour I wondered if anyone has had the above symptoms with their anxiety headaches. Have read the list of symptoms, but of course they cannot describe all our pains in detail.

It would help to know this could be anxiety and if any of you have gone through this. I am so internally and externally tensed up. Dont know if this would cause stabs of pain though. Would think it would be a more tension type pain.

Really would appreciate you guys help again
Maria

nomorepanic
25-08-15, 15:43
It sounds like a head zap and we all get them from time to time

Crystalhiggs
26-08-15, 09:18
Look up icepick headaches - short, sharp, stabbing pains - absolutely nothing to worry about :)

maria26
26-08-15, 10:19
Tks for reply, from what i read ice pick pains are intense and usually around the eye. My pain is generally a pressure or jab at temples and then these short sharp pains on top of head. Can icepick headache vary like this. My pain does feel quite superficial not deep.
Just trying to chill and ignore it today but everytime I feel one I get that could feeling and panic which I know is related to my anxiety of what it is.

Never would believe anxiety can be so bad. Last night I was just sitting watching tv did not feel a xious and had this weak shaky feeling heart racing etc. Why when I am calm.
Tks again
Maria

Blonde123
30-08-15, 09:03
I'm exactly the same Maria.

lifegoeson69
30-08-15, 10:37
I get these and they seem to radiate for me which sometimes really worries me. I think they come with periods of anxiousness though so I try not to worry. I also have a cold at the moment so associate them with that. Do any of you get ones that radiate almost as though they are coming from the neck?? Of course first thing I think is oh my gosh neck tumour but hopefully its just from tensed up muscles!