PDA

View Full Version : terrified of appendix bursting

Alice1
25-08-15, 17:33
Last few days I have been feeling very sick (but have not vomited).
I thought it might be that time of month or a stomach bug.
Went to the doctor with blood tests taken last week and he said all is fine and to monitor the sickness but doesn't sound bad.
A few hours ago had awful sharp pain in lower central abdomen that lasted a bout two secs and happened three times.
Now tummy feels a bit funny and the right side feels weird and a tiny bit sore or bloated.
I have pressed on right side and it doesn't really hurt if I press lightly but I am scared to press too hard.
I am panicking so much.
I am convinced my appendix has burst or is inflamed and I am going to die. Please please help.

PeterSAFC
25-08-15, 18:15
Are you in intense pain when standing? I mean doubled over pain. If not, I doubt it.

I get funny pains like that and try to shake them off of the pain is only there for a matter of seconds.

Alice1
25-08-15, 18:25
Are you in intense pain when standing? I mean doubled over pain. If not, I doubt it.

I get funny pains like that and try to shake them off of the pain is only there for a matter of seconds.

No I am not, just occasional twinges and nothing like the pain a few hours ago. I just intensely cycled home 30 mins in tears telling myself in not gonna die, and I felt better for a bit but now I am eating crackers and the twinges have come back a bit.

Should I not eat just in case it is? Do you know when I will be sure I'm ok. :(

pulisa
25-08-15, 18:31
Alice, you have health anxiety which is playing tricks on your mind and body.

Alice1
25-08-15, 18:41
Alice, you have health anxiety which is playing tricks on your mind and body.

I really am trying to believe this. Apparently not many people die of appendicitis but I am thinking what if I am the one and my symptoms are atypical.

WiganLad
25-08-15, 18:46
You wouldnt be typing if your appendix burst I been having same as you for 3 years but turns out its ibs

Alice1
25-08-15, 18:56
You wouldnt be typing if your appendix burst I been having same as you for 3 years but turns out its ibs

Ah ok, I did have a look at the previous posts on this forum and it was comforting other people had the same worry. The pains are twinging randomly and I don't actually feel sick anymore like yesterday so maybe it's muscular?

WiganLad
25-08-15, 19:08
More than likley a friend of mine was in gym and he was on the floor in a ball screaming and also you would have a raging temp

countrygirl
25-08-15, 22:13
My son had appendicitis when he was 19 and he was literally curled up in a little ball groaning in agony and was very very sick as well. He could not bear anyone to press on his abdomen and his blood tests showed high white blood count which you always get with appendicitis.

Alice1
25-08-15, 22:37
My son had appendicitis when he was 19 and he was literally curled up in a little ball groaning in agony and was very very sick as well. He could not bear anyone to press on his abdomen and his blood tests showed high white blood count which you always get with appendicitis.

Oh dear I hope he's OK! I do not have a lot of pain, and pressing on abdomen is fine and so is jumping up and down etc.
There is a pressure like very light pain that sometimes elevates a little, particularly on the right side but is all over my abdomen and a bit my back on the right side.
I felt really sick Thursday-Sunday after food but it went after eating crackers and drinking hot lemon.
I am still scared, and scared to go to sleep in case it gets worse. What do I do?

Fishmanpa
25-08-15, 23:44
What do I do?

Frankly nothing. I'm quite confident in saying you don't have appendicitis. You have none of the hallmark symptoms.

Positive thoughts

eastofeden
26-08-15, 07:53
If you had appendicitis you would not even be able to stand up straight. You would be throwing up, screaming in agony and doubled over. There's no such thing as mild appendicitis. You either have appendicitis or you don't, and when you have it, you know all about it. The pain is excruciating. I don't think I've even heard of someone having appendicitis and not knowing. Pain is always there, and it is always horrific. Worse than childbirth. Sounds like maybe you're ovulating. I get very sharp twinges in my ovary when it's coming up for my time of the month, they only last about 3-4 seconds, sometimes up to 30 seconds. It's probably just your ovary releasing an egg!