PDA

View Full Version : Acid reflux or sleep apnoea?

AnxiousM
25-08-15, 19:59
Quick post, I'm not sure what the deuce is going on.

I know I snore, the Mrs tells me I do a fair bit. Sometimes I wake up gasping for breath like I've stopped breathing, my heart races and I feel icky. Does anyone get this? I've done some experimenting, I've tried propping my pillow up and leaning on one side and I don't get the nasty wakey up.

If I had sleep apnoea would it be happening more than once per night? Is it due to stomach acid? I had a heart ablation last month which after the procedure threw some anxiety back up at me which did give me heart burn.

I have been quite sinusy over the last few month, I do feel a bit like a slight phlegm machine but I can breathe done through my nose. Is it my sinuses?!

Hmmm, annoying.

MidnightCalm
25-08-15, 23:04
I've been getting this for over a year, sometimes it feels horrific and disorienting but I will say that when I have particularly bad acid it can be considerably worse and happen more often. I self diagnosed sleep apnoea.

AnxietyDJ
26-08-15, 00:23
It could be any one of those things you listed tbh, but does sound most like sleep apnoea - at least based on what on know (my father has had it for years).

Even though you may only physically wake up once or twice per night, it is likely that you're actually being disturbed out of sleep, without actually waking, on many more occasions. Do you find that even though you've been 'sleeping' for a long period that you still feel very tired and sluggish? This could be a good indicator of the apnoea - i.e. never actually getting into a deep sleep.

Hope you start to feel better soon :)