PDA

View Full Version : what can i take for anxiety?

SamRichy
26-08-15, 01:23
I've been suffering health anxiety over my heart for a month and overall health anxiety since April, it's slowly starting to bite away at me.

I'm planning on going to the doctors about it, but is there anything I can ask for that can help me deal with the anxiety?

khaleesifreakouts
26-08-15, 01:41
There are medications for anxiety, I was personally once put on a low dose of fluoxetine (which is for depression) after a bad bout of flu. I was very anxious so expected a medicine for anxiety itself rather than an antidepressant. It actually helped with my health anxieties for a while. Hopefully your doctor should be able to help discuss the most suitable medication if they feel it would be helpful and also make sure you are comfortable with taking this. They may also suggest relaxation techniques

elysemarie123
26-08-15, 14:13
I take Sertraline (generic Zoloft) for anxiety. Like Kahleesi, it's also an antidepressant. My physician told me it was to balance me out. I've been on it for around 7 years and only upped the dose once after a particularly hard break up. I have no complaints whatsoever, EXCEPT I'm terrified to ever go off of it.