PDA

View Full Version : Chest feels tight

Carly H
13-09-04, 10:46
Hi,

Its my first day back to work after my honeymoon [Sigh...] and ive got such a tight chest, its just a bit worrying, i got so bad this morning I couldnt drive myself to work!!!! Its driving me insane!!!!!

Does anyone else get this????

Thanks

Carly

C.Gregory

lainey
13-09-04, 10:51
Hi Carly

Yes, I have had this, its one of the new symptoms I had a couple of weeks ago! I had it on and off for a week and then it disappeared. To try and make it go away I used to sit and do some deep breathing which helped.
It's probably your body responding to the fact that yoy are back in work.

Hope I helped,

Take care

Elaine

PS Hope the honeymoon was good

Carly H
13-09-04, 11:08
Elaine

Thank you for the quick response, it just keeps making me get a little panicky every now and again but I think its because im thinking about it..... I met a guy on my Honeymoon andnhe suffered with them, and he said the problem is you are your own worst enemy and its so true!!!! He said it does get better though which is good!!! How long have you had Panic Attacks for???

C.Gregory

lainey
13-09-04, 11:17
Hi Carly

I have been suffering for 6 months and was gradually gettting better,but these last 2 or 3 weeks I have been feeling c..p again and its really getting me down. I know we are our own worst enemies but when you are feeling panicky you cant seem to think about anything else can you? I can cope with most of it, but its the head rushes and hot flashes that freak me as they always start in work or when I'm shopping, what other symptoms do you get Carly?
How are you feeling now you are in work?

Take care

Elaine x

Carly H
13-09-04, 12:06
I think i get about every sympton going, pounding heart, tight chest, cold & hot sweats, shaking, dizzy head, feel like im going to pass out, hearing goings slightly funny & eyesights etc the list goes on..... im am starting to see a nurse on Wednesday about it so im hoping that will help me.

C.Gregory

lainey
13-09-04, 12:35
That's good Carly, I'm glad you are going to see someone, let me know how you get on.

Take care

Elaine x

Meg
13-09-04, 12:44
Carly,

It goes when you don't react to the symptom. So instead of dwelling on it - try to think to yourself - yes I'm anxious going back to work . I shall do a few calming breaths to help and then carry on and ignore this altogether.

Meg

Anxiety is a thin stream of fear trickling through the mind.
If encouraged, it cuts a channel into which all other thoughts are drained.
Robert Albert Bloch

seh1980
13-09-04, 12:56
hi there Carly,

I get a tight chest all the time and hate it!! it makes me feel like i won't be able to breathe!! It always goes away once I manage to distract myself for long enough and just ignore it for a while. try not to think about it and it will disappear...

Sarah :D

Purdybird
13-09-04, 13:57
Hi Carly

This is my most persistent symptom. I get it really badly, my chest, particulalry my sternum and neck area ( throat ) are very oftern tight and feel really sore. But when I do manage to fully relax and forget about them, the feelings go. Your not alone on that one!!

Purdybird x

Purdybird
13-09-04, 13:58
Hi Carly

This is my most persistent symptom. I get it really badly, my chest, particulalry my sternum and neck area ( throat ) are very oftern tight and feel really sore. But when I do manage to fully relax and forget about them, the feelings go. Your not alone on that one!!

Purdybird x

mabel
13-09-04, 19:08
Hi

I get a tight chest all the time, sometimes its worse than others, it can be unbearable. The doc even prescribed diazepam but it didn't really work. I just seem to have to wait for it to dissappear, which is very frustrating. I do find keeping occupied helps but i know that its not easy!!! Just remember that its nothing serious and cant hurt you.

mabel

Jillybaby
13-09-04, 19:27
Hi Carly

I get tightening of the chest all the time. It goes away when I make myself busy and forget about it and then I remember that I had a tight chest and it comes back, strange but true. This is usually accompanied in my case with breathlessness and then hyperventilating sensations, I try to do breathing exercises, getting the breath out more than deep breaths in, sounds odd but it works.

Take care

Jill[8)]

Jill

sal
14-09-04, 01:33
Hi Carly

Hope the honeymoon went well for you and congratulations hon.

The advice you got of the guy was spot on and it does get better once we understand what is going on.

It isnt easy and anxiety can take a hard hold on us but with perserverance and acceptance it will ease of.

We are our own worst enemies but until we can accept what is going on we cant help that and even that on bad days we still persecute ourselves.

Takes time and understanding of what is happening to your body because although a mental complaint it effects us so much physically and that at first is so hard to understand.

Take care hon.

Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
14-09-04, 19:44
Hi Carly

Hope you are feeling better today, and that work is ok

Take care chuck

Elaine x

jo-jo
15-09-04, 12:06
Hiya Carly

Congratulations on your wedding!

Hope you are feeling reassured now that many of us do get chest pain - in fact I've got it as I'm posting this reply on my left side, going up into my shoulder.

I guess now your wedding and honeymoon are over, its back to reality and the thought of being back at work isn't usally that pleasant, so your body is just over-reacting a little.

Take care, love Jo xx