PDA

View Full Version : I'm New!!

buffy669
07-02-07, 23:42
Hi! I'm Buffy, 26 years old and live in Lincolnshire, UK.

I went to the doctors 4 years ago and said that when I was walking I felt that I wasn't going in a straight line!! I felt a bit like I was drunk! The doctor said I had a virus and gave me some tablets, which worked. When I finished the course of tablets, the feeling came back again!! So, I went back to the doctors and she said it was probably my hormones!

She decided to take some blood and check my Thyroid but that came back clear! At this point the doctor told me everything was fine and they couldn't find anything wrong with me.

I kept going back to my doctor as I knew something wasn't right and they eventually diagnosed me with anxiety and they put me on Prozac! This didn't really help!! I constantly had a feeling of being "far away".

I have now been on 3 different types of medication and don't feel much better. I don't really do anything anymore and have lost everything I once had. My job, my house and my friends!

I have just started to see a counsellor and am feeling quite positive about this.

Well I'll leave it there for now, sorry if I've gone on a bit!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this

Buffy xxx

Karen
08-02-07, 01:38
Hi Buffy

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have had a hard time of it but it is good that you finally have received the opportunity to see a counsellor.

You might like to have a read through the following information as a place to start:

First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps)

Symptoms (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=symptoms)

Wobbly walking
Wobbly Walking (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6531)

You will find a lot of help and support here.

Karen

Why does my heart go on beating?
Why do these eyes of mine cry?
Dont they know its the end of the world?
It ended when you said goodbye

honeybee3939
08-02-07, 10:21
Hi Buffy

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Love

Andrea
xxxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

ceecee
08-02-07, 11:25
hi buffy
welcome to the forum
i know anxiety can make you feel low,but we will all conquer this one day!!!!!
take care rach x

buffy669
08-02-07, 11:48
Thank you all for your nice comments.

And thank you for pointing me in the right direction on this site!! I didn't really know where to start!!

I've always thought that I am "unique" with my panic attacks and the physical symptoms are real so there must be something wrong with me. But reading about other people having the same feelings and symptoms makes me feel a bit better and makes me realise that maybe I am not so "unique"!

Buffy xxx

trac67
08-02-07, 13:17
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

wobily_lin
08-02-07, 16:22
elo Buffy,

Great ta c ya here..welcome..its a great site..very supportive n great advice too...x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

manmoor
10-02-07, 12:13
Hi Buffy,

A big warm welcome to you.

"When There Was Only One It Was Then That I Carried You."

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:18
Hi Buffy

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said