PDA

View Full Version : Just anxiety or actual illness?

mourningdove
26-08-15, 23:14
Hi there, this is my second post on this forum so I'm new here :)

I'm a 22 year old college student and in general good health. This past May, I studied abroad in Uganda for about a month and noticed an extreme spike in my HA upon coming home.

I've had a sinus CT scan because the doctor saw some fluid in my ear, and it came back normal. I've had bloodwork done and only a few results were out of the normal range; slightly high RBC (5.32) slightly high HGB (16.2) and slightly high HCT (47.8%) and slightly high neutrophil count (7.42)

Anyways, my doctor upped my anxiety medicine and she's pretty convinced my symptoms are just anxiety related but this is what I've been experiencing on and off for about 3 months now:

-Head pressure, feeling of head fullness, fuzzy head feeling
-Random headaches all over head
-Pressure in nose bridge and below eyes
-Occasional difficulty focusing my eyes
-Fatigue
-Restlessness
-Facial heat, redness, and flushing
-Tingiling in my scalp only on one side of my head (of course, as soon as I typed this, I felt the tingling -_-)
-Muscle pain in my neck, upper back, and shoulders
-Inability to derive pleasure out of activities I once enjoyed
-Lack of concentration
-Decreased appetite
-Occasional spikes in temperature (I will take my temperature and it could be 99.0-99.3 but other than that I have no other symptoms that accompany fever)
-Probably unrelated but I have world's worst canker sores right now, which is kinda alarming to me. One's on my lower lip, opposite my gum and one's on my soft palette right by my throat. I have braces so they have made eating and talking nigh impossible. The lip one is healing but the throat one is still kickin')
I guess the fever one is the one I'm most concerned about (but perhaps only because it's the most recent and most noticeable to me at this time). My major is in the biological studies and I know that fever is (in a perfect world, maybe) the body's response to an intruder. Is it really possible to give oneself a fever from anxiety? Anyways. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

arislie
27-08-15, 04:55
nice information

mourningdove
27-08-15, 15:41
Bit of an update I guess; I had a Dr. appointment today and she said I seem perfectly healthy and the raised RBCs could merely be the result of the elevation in Uganda. She also said it's normal for the body temperature to fluctuate two whole degrees due to daily metabolic processes. Some people also just naturally run warmer or cooler than others. So it's good to hear that and hopefully this will put some of you at ease as well if you experience an elevated temperature and no other symptoms :)