PDA

View Full Version : Adrenal Fatigue

catsandnaps
27-08-15, 00:35
I just got the diagnosis of adrenal fatigue, which my doctor believes is feeding my anxiety. Does anyone else have any experience with this or know what the heck this is? Has it affected your anxiety or stress levels? How do you recover? Or is it a hippy dippy type of diagnosis? Thanks for any posts!

Carnation
27-08-15, 02:34
I have not been diagnosed with it, but I am sure I have got it too. :D
I have masses of adrenalin; just been washing the tiles in the bathroom at midnight here. I am constantly fidgeting and doing something and then all of a sudden, I get a day or two or even three, when I can't even move from the sofa to the kitchen without feeling like a hundred years old! :ohmy:

MyNameIsTerry
27-08-15, 05:05
Adrenal Fatigue isn't a medcially accepted condition. It is yet to be accepted on the basis of proof. Some doctors believe in it as some argue it's existence. So, it's like things like Candida Overgrowth. Thats not to say it won't be accepted in the future, like other conditions than come along, but it's just one to be wary of if hearing from alternative practitioners selling things.

Are you sure it is not Adrenal Insufficiency (Addison's Disease)? This is rare but is an accepted medical condition.

The symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue can map to anxiety & depression, Fibro, etc so it's a hard one to tell, I guess.