PDA

View Full Version : Twitching and such

Kate73
27-08-15, 10:32
I am almost 42 and I have OCD (diagnosed in 1993 but I guess I have it all my life when I look back). Which is very bothersome when having symptoms. In short (I try). A week ago I got a twitching eyelid and went to the doctor on friday. He gave me Befact forte, vitamin b complex for the twitching eye. The first day I felt a little twitching in my cheek and lip. On day two and three I felt twitching in my arms, hands and calves. On day four and five I felt twitching, cramping, trembling and jidderness, even burning feelings sometimes, all over my body. It is driving me insane. It all started in my eye; still have it but a little less. Mostly in rest, when sitting behaind my computer, at my desk, and lying down in bed. I googled around like crazy (OCD is the culprit) and I found something about BFS. Of course I am hypochondriac and I begin to worry that I have some other neurological disease. I have bloodtests every three months because of other healthissues. I hope it will subside... I've been through a lot in my life, having some health issues and health anxiety ever since I was diagnosed with a heart disease (under control), Ménière's, OCD, hypothyroïd (all under control, as far as it gets under control). And I wish it could finaly calm down... Thanks for listening. And yes, the twitching I feel is real. Sometimes my fingers start to move voluntary. I hope it will subside. Thank you for listening and the feedback. I have an appointment with my doctor (again) a on monday.

sammie13s
27-08-15, 14:55
I have this. It's bloody awful. I recently had a MRI scan done and lots of blood tests and everything came back normal so I'm putting it down to stress and anxiety. Xx

Kate73
05-09-15, 12:38
Thanks! I am still twitching around, especially when tired (at the end of the day). Also the face twitch is slightly back. Now it's merely concentrated around my calves. Anyone else with some comforting words? ;) I am now on vitamin D supplements because my bloodtest last week showed a alight shortage in vitamin D and that can cause muscle twitches. I think I have to be patient for the vitamin D to kick in but I am still worried as hell. Last night my right calve lived on it's own (up to my knees) and bottom. Thanks.

pepsi
06-09-15, 17:05
Hi I had awful twitching that was visible about 2 years ago it was constant .hard to take and scarey ....I hated it . I didn't go to the doctor ...I just took magnesium and other vitamins and although it's still there if it was one of the 3 things Google said it might be I'd be very sick by now. It's such a worry I've been there but worrying fuels the anxiety which pushes the twitches on and on. Very hard I know I'm 40 too and it's just horrible ..but it will ease

FeelLikeNeo
06-09-15, 20:59
Thanks! I am still twitching around, especially when tired (at the end of the day). Also the face twitch is slightly back. Now it's merely concentrated around my calves. Anyone else with some comforting words? ;) I am now on vitamin D supplements because my bloodtest last week showed a alight shortage in vitamin D and that can cause muscle twitches. I think I have to be patient for the vitamin D to kick in but I am still worried as hell. Last night my right calve lived on it's own (up to my knees) and bottom. Thanks.

Comforting words coming your way...

Started twitching on the 3rd of July, so over 2 months ago. I had a brief twitch in my calf after sudden high stress. By the next morning it was all over. Every day from that date I've been twitching like a good'un.

I've never been so anxious. Every day was awful. I had a panic attack that lasted for hours. I was doing 'strength tests' into the early hours, not sleeping, crying to myself thinking I'd got the worst. Coming with the twitches, I've tight muscles, sometimes sore or achey. I'm only 23 and feel like a pensioner!

The good news. Over the last week I've been a lot better. The twitches are a lot less frequent. Sometimes I get restless leg instead. If I walk a lot, I'll get twitches in my calves/ankles but that's about it. I have a few familiar hot spots now (just above my right elbow, calves, left shoulder) but it seems to have calmed down and I don't panic as much. I twitch massively (i.e whole limbs!) when I'm falling asleep - an absolute guarantee it's not the horrible diseases we worry about.

Now I get dizziness! It's always something! :yesyes:

Lifelonganxiety1
16-09-15, 19:17
I just want to add something to this that might also provide some comfort. I'm a lifelong health anxiety sufferer (hence my name!) and have always had twitching.

Twitching in my feet and calves is a daily occurrence, my arms, abdomen, thighs, eyes, chin, lips, back, face... everywhere! Sometimes I get a burning sensation in my feet or legs. Other times I get pins and needles. Sometimes it feels cold or prickly. Some times there's pain. I often get cramps in my hands, legs and arms.

The point is, these are all very scary when they first start, but after a while you realize you're not doing too bad and even though the symptoms still happen, you worry less and less about them.

I understand the fear when a new symptom appears, I get that a lot myself, but give it some time - take care of yourself with more sleep and try to distract yourself. I would suggest only using no more panic and not Googling at other places. You'll be fine, we all will!