PDA

View Full Version : how to stop scanning?

bekw89
27-08-15, 10:39
Every morning I wake up and scam my body and mind for how I'm feeling I then spend most the day doing the samr and usually end up with some new ordeal to deal with, how can I retrain my brain to stop scanning?

white1989
27-08-15, 10:41
I'd also like help with this too - constantly diagnosing myself with a new health problem every day! it's exhausting!

Tando
27-08-15, 17:55
I have had the same issue. You've ingrained a learning pattern in your brain that helps scan for a threat, your brain is recognising anxiety symptoms as "dangerous" because that's how you perceive these symptoms. Whenever you experience a symptom of anxiety, Google how does anxiety cause "blank" and don't for one minute think that it's a real issue. You will realise that it's safe, and you must continue doing whatever you're doing at all intensities of anxiety. You must not run away from the symptoms or they will run after you. They're uncomfortable but not dangerous and they last as long as you focus on them and give them significance. Have fun, let the strange sensations flow through you, get used to living life with them and they will disappear without you even knowing. I did this technique with high blood pressure and hot flashes, they went away in 3 days. Now when I get hot flashes, very rarely, they feel kinda cool. Also the more serotonin you have the easier it is to think positively and ignore these symptoms. Lots of fun, lots of laughter and amusement. Don't be afraid of your stress system that's ridiculous, it's here to help you. Just let it know it's acting weird.

white1989
28-08-15, 09:29
thanks for that post Tando, I found it really reassuring! need to try to become 'at one' with my symptoms and stop thinking they're trying to kill me! so much easier said than done though when they hit lol!