PDA

View Full Version : Cervical Cancer and Discharge

jarmummy123
27-08-15, 16:14
Brief history: last smear April 2015 normal, all previous ones normal.
Pelvic ultrasound June 2015: Normal
Nurse checked cervix and said looked fine.

Ive had brown discharge around ovulation but my dr said thats fine and normal.
What is normal discharge like? I sometimes feel wet, my discharge is white/clear, sometimes stringy sometimes watery............. is this normal? I am convinced I have cervical cancer.

farley1109
12-10-15, 18:09
Im going through the same atm!.. i had a smear 1 year ago all clear! Friday i had a transvaginal ultrasound all clear and bloods all clear!.. but still have awful lower back and pelvic pain, watery discharge (alot), pain during sex and pain in legs!.. have a docs app next week to see what the next plan of action is! :/

How are you doing? Xx

sarahsarah
16-10-15, 22:31
jarmummy- this all sounds totally normal to me. Discharge changes in consistency during the month and clear, stringy, watery (as you described) are all normal. Bear in mind that as you get older, you will have changes to your periods and monthly cycle but these changes happen gradually and are nothing to be alarmed at. For example, the periods and discharge I get now are different from when I was a younger woman but are normal for me now, if you see what I mean. Like you, I used to get a small amount of brown discharge at ovulation time when I was in my teens and twenties, that was normal for me then. Now I am older, I don't get that- also normal for me now.

If it has a strong smell or strong colour then it would be worth getting checked out but it sounds like you have neither, just healthy discharge.

You had a clear smear a few months ago and a pelvic ultrasound so there's nothing to be concerned about.

xx