PDA

View Full Version : Interfering sister in law

greg123
27-08-15, 16:28
Hello

I hope someone can give me some advice.

I have a Sister in law who is 26 and lately has seemed to become more involved with my mental health issues and I need some help in what to do as it's just making it worse.

She works in a large supermarket and seems to gossip about me to people I know telling them all of my struggles with anxiety and depression. :weep:

This is now the third time this has happened to me where I have had to explain myself to a friend who I don't see anymore about my issues. People obviously know her and know me and when they see her they ask how I am doing and she must reply and tell them I'm doing really bad.

I had a friend text me earlier on today asking me how I was (I haven't spoken to this friend in over 8 months), when I said I'm ok, they said they had seen my sister in law at work, they were going to invite me to a surprise party but she said I wouldn't go, she said that I was doing terribly, I have anxiety, I can't leave my house, I was then asked if I am going to kill myself and if I ever am going to then they are always there for me :ohmy: :weep:

It's really bothering me as I can leave my house, I work, I don't want to kill myself. I just struggle with anxiety, I'm not in denial. Sometimes I have really bad days, sometimes I have really good days but it's nowhere near as bad as it was before.

Am I overreacting? As I said this is the third time now I've had to explain myself and it's really starting to hack me off!!!!!!!

Crystalhiggs
27-08-15, 18:01
Whoa you need to nip this in the bud now Greg, she has no business whatsoever discussing your mental health with anyone!
You really need to ask her, no tell her to keep any information about you confidential and also speak to your brother (or wife depending on how you are related) and explain to them that this is just not acceptable!
Really some people have no boundaries, but if you don't say anything it will carry on and it's disrespectful and humiliating. How would she like it?

sial72
27-08-15, 18:21
No, you are not overreacting! That is so not on. It is bad enough that she is talking about you and even worse if she is making things up. As the post above says I would talk to her...x

greg123
06-09-15, 17:00
Thanks guys

I've had a talk with her and she said she will stop doing it. We'll see though :lac:

sial72
06-09-15, 21:36
Good for talking to her...see what happens...xx