PDA

View Full Version : Head pains over 2 weeks

natalie yog
28-08-15, 15:04
So today I'm finally seeing a dr (not my normal dr because he's on holiday) after spending the last 2 and a half weeks with head and eye pains that comes and go every hour. Of course my first thought is Crap I'm having an aneurysm and then after one week I was thinking oh no and unruptured aneurysm.....and then over 2 weeks later I'm thinking ok maybe not an aneurysm but still what the he'll is this. The pains I get aren't agonizing just annoying and are mainly on the left but can move around. I've had the all clear from my optician who looked behind my eyes and saw nothing to cause alarm.
Well off I go hoping the dr is as nice and helpful as my own.

Blonde123
29-08-15, 11:29
How did you get on?

natalie yog
29-08-15, 13:03
She said that everything was great and did some neuro tests on me and was happy that I passed them all. She was particularly happy that id been to the optician earlier this week and passed all of all the checks. My greatest battle it seems is silencing that little voice in the back of my head filling my thoughts with doubts. She also said to be careful with reading other people's medical stories on line since a lot of them can be untrue and miss lead people thinking they have there illnesses.

Blonde123
29-08-15, 13:31
That's fab news. When mine very first started over 18 months ago I went to the optician and I had the all clear. They went away on their own and came back this February for a few weeks on and off. Then they went and came back over the last few weeks. They're not as constant as they were, they don't wake me up and I never get up with them. Seems a lot of people have the same x do you feel better now?

natalie yog
29-08-15, 14:07
The pains was never really that strong and never woke me up either it was more my health anxiety thinking it was something a lot worse than it actually is. So I'm still slightly worried but the dr knows best and told me she would've sent me to hospital if she thought it was seriously. I'm going to try and keep myself busy I actually had a full 2 hrs with no pain then suddenly it came when I felt anxious. Where you given any scans at all ?

Blonde123
29-08-15, 19:22
No scans. Dr said he didn't know what it was but wasn't concerned. I've noticed that if my pains start and then I focus on my anxiety I end up with what is probably a tension headache. Think I need to calm down although easier said!

GoWhiteSox
29-08-15, 20:35
please keep us updated ive been struggling with same issue this summer with no real explanation other than 'allergies'..which i think may be code for 'i dont know what is wrong with you'..beyond frustrated..stay strong and dont let it drag you down,thats what im trying to do :-)

Blonde123
30-08-15, 08:48
Are you the same gowhitesox? Yesterday my head pains started and I felt like all I did was focus on them which gave me a tension headache til about 11pm. When I'm like this I feel withdrawn and all I want to do is go to bed where I feel safe. I've woke up this morning fine but I know I'll spend the next few hours wondering when they're going to kick in again. When they do I'll panic, if they don't I'll be mad that Ive wasted the day worrying about them for nothing.

kirstynic
30-08-15, 09:15
I can relate very much to this and have posted recently. I seem to wake up and feel ok but gradually the pains start and come on randomly during the day. They change position from top of my head, back of my head, side behind my eyes. Sometimes they are achy pains other times short sharp stabbing. I also have occasional dizzyness and have began hearing my heartbeat in my ear like whooshing when it's quiet. Another symptom started yesterday like something was rising in my throat and at the back of my nose and I had to swallow otherwise it felt like I would choke!

I have been referred to neurology but will have to wait a while for the appointment.

Blonde123
30-08-15, 09:51
Mine are always in the same position, kirstynic. On the left around my ear, short stabs like jabs and jolts. Can't believe so many people are affected. I'm trying to have a positive day today as its a bank holiday weekend and I'm determined to enjoy it! That said, I'm sat in bed reading anxiety websites which is sure to get me down?!

GoWhiteSox
30-08-15, 15:50
blonde123 mine seem to be caused primarily by thin clear mucus that wont drain and moves around from my sinuses to my ears, its like constant pressure in my head..when i get tense or stresses then i get tension headache on top of it and sometimes sharper pains in my ears

Blonde123
02-09-15, 10:08
How you getting on Natalie?