PDA

View Full Version : Continuous facial / head rash & dry skin

AnxietyDJ
28-08-15, 16:47
Hi guys, this isn't exactly an end-of-the-world scenario, but I am starting to become more and more anxious about it...

Basically, I have had some dry red patches on my face - forehead and either side of my nose, for about 4 or 5 months now, and also very dry skin at the front of my scalp, which I just cannot get rid of. It is starting to make me really self-conscious (especially the largest patch on my forehead) and is also making me worry that I have something wrong with me. When compared to my other skin, the patches are quite rough to the touch.

I've tried everything from totally natural face cream (shea butter / coconut oil), through to Nivea / E45 etc. and then onto OTC medicated creams such as Daktacort (hydrocortisone). It seems that for a small period of time (hours, rather than days), certain creams remove the dryness and some of the redness, but it comes right back again as soon as the cream has fully soaked into the skin.

Other than these areas, I have zero dry or red skin on my entire body, and have never experienced it previously, nor suffered from any skin conditions. I just don't know what's wrong or what to try next?!

Any ideas what it may be? Help!

Elen
28-08-15, 17:00
Hi Steve

I don't know an awful lot about skin conditions but it might be worth taking it up with your GP.

I am guessing some sort of eczema but could be way off the mark.