PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I just had another panic attack or not

sl1nky
28-08-15, 20:24
To my knowledge most people when having panic attacks have the drama of struggling to breath. I've quit smoking for about 9 days and in the past 4 days my chest has felt really achy and breathless. About 5 minutes ago I felt faint, my left hand become tingly, it got really hot and a little hard to breath. I don't usually have breathless panic attacks... Could this be due to the nicotine withdrawal?

AlexandriaUK
28-08-15, 21:26
Absolutely it takes about 3 weeks to get the body even remotely used to not smoking any more, well done and congratulations on quitting its not easy as you probably realise but the end result is worth doing it for.
Check out the bhf run sight, it's called no smoking day and can be a really good support forum, Iv been quit six years now and really glad I have.

sl1nky
28-08-15, 22:29
Absolutely it takes about 3 weeks to get the body even remotely used to not smoking any more, well done and congratulations on quitting its not easy as you probably realise but the end result is worth doing it for.
Check out the bhf run sight, it's called no smoking day and can be a really good support forum, Iv been quit six years now and really glad I have.

Thanks for the hasty reply, I'm feeling okay now, I get panic periods at 8ish PM everyday, being breathless really got me worried enough to freak out I guess. Thanks!

Pepperpot
30-08-15, 01:04
To my knowledge most people when having panic attacks have the drama of struggling to breath. I've quit smoking for about 9 days and in the past 4 days my chest has felt really achy and breathless. About 5 minutes ago I felt faint, my left hand become tingly, it got really hot and a little hard to breath. I don't usually have breathless panic attacks... Could this be due to the nicotine withdrawal?

Well done - I hope you stick it out. I stopped last year after smoking 30 a day for 17yrs. I didn't have anxiety at the time but I was fine - I was not irritable or anything as I had an e-cigarette with nicotine liquid. However, people are different. I get the panic attacks where I am breathless. Apparently symptoms can change so don't be surprised if you haven't experienced this breathlessness before. x

Alan27
03-09-15, 12:42
I stopped smoking 3 years ago and it helped me with anxiety also as i was less worried about my health. Breathlessness can be caused by it and also by anxiety, the hand tingling is a symptom of anxiety as your body redirects blood from non-essential places such as your hands and stomach to your muscles due to the " fight or flight" and when the blood drains from your hands and stomach you get the tingling and nausea.