PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Sheep86
29-08-15, 00:19
Im 29 years old and have been dealing with anxiety/panic symptons since the age of 15.....jesus time flys! It all started after smoking too much dope one day, silly teenager.
I dont know if this was the cause or just triggered some underlying problem, but ive never been 100% since that day. I can cope with my feelings etc... and have never been on medication but i experienced a really bad panic attack on a flight a couple year ago and now absolutely hate flying. I cant avoid it though as i work offshore and flying is part of the job, ive been using valium recently to take the edge off, normally good few pints then 10mg valium and im good to go. I dont want to continue this however im considering starting some medication and will go see my GP on monday, anyone have similar experience or reccommend suitable medication?

Cheers

AnxietyDJ
29-08-15, 00:24
Hey, welcome to the site! :welcome:

Hope you can find some help and useful information here. It's a great place, full of lovely people.

Take care and feel better soon :)

venusbluejeans
29-08-15, 00:25
Hiya Sheep86 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes: