PDA

View Full Version : hi!

daphnem
29-08-15, 00:31
i'm daphne, i'm 15, and i'm from the UK. i suffer from pretty bad anxiety and as of the past few months, worsening health anxiety. i've had minor counselling in the past for OCD and anxiety, and i say 'minor' because it was never a long-term thing and it never did a whole lot to help me out. lately my main problem has been my health-related anxiety, which is constantly on my mind. i seemed to find myself on here a lot whilst googling symptoms, and i think knowing that other people are worried about the same things i am reassures me somehow- i find it really hard to talk to people about my problems, and so i think that being a member on here now will be interesting and i hope helpful!
anyway, nice to meet you all, i guess :-)

venusbluejeans
29-08-15, 00:38
Hiya daphnem and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

CeeCeeCee
29-08-15, 00:50
Hi Daphne, you are in the right place. As most on here will tell you, stop Googling! It does not help and indeed hinders your problems. This site is not meant to diagnose or remove the need for a doctor, however, it can help you a lot by talking to people who can relate to you and empathise. We all suffer from some anxiety, it's just a part of what we are. Try and be rational, tomorrow is another day and you need to see the positives in your life. I bet there are more than you realise at the moment. Try and sleep well :-)

AnxietyDJ
29-08-15, 00:55
Hey, welcome to the site! :welcome:

I'm sure you'll find some really useful information, as well as meeting some lovely people.

Take care and feel better soon :)