PDA

View Full Version : Kalma (Xanax) making me feel terrible. Any idea why?

Ditapage
29-08-15, 01:57
Hi,

Never medicated my anxiety til now because my dad was a drug abuser (both prescription and illegal) and I was terrified of becoming anything like him.

I started taking Kalma after the doctor said it would help me sleep through the night as I was previously waking up with attacks and feeling like hell the next day from lack of sleep. So I took Kalma before bed, went to sleep at 9:30 and woke up at 7. Wonderful.

Took a Kalma this morning (doctor prescribed 1 in the morning and 2 at night) and just tried to go shopping. It was AWFUL. I was so drowsy, lightheaded, head felt pressurised, chest felt heavy, I had the sensation of breathlessness and feared I would collapse. The thing is these are also my usual anxiety symptoms so I don't know if it was the Kalma or if the Kalma increased my anxiety because it made me so drowsy. I'm scared.

If I keep taking it who knows what will happen. It's my worst fear to be this tired. I can't function. I feel weak at the thought of even attempting to go into a store.

Does anyone else take Kalma? I know it contains Valium when is supposed to make a person sleepier but I can't do my daily tasks with this level of tiredness. My head feels so heavy but light at the same time and I feel like I will pass out.

I only take 0.5 so it couldn't have done TOO much damage. I've taken Valium before when my anxiety disorder was new and it calmed me down but 5 years later I also have extreme fatigue. So I already suffer from extreme fatigue that suddenly hits me like an anxiety attack without the adrenaline so something that makes me drowsy can't be good . I am not getting the random aches and pains that anxiety was causing before but now I am fixated on this tiredness. I can't take this medication to stop a panic attack and then just sleep all day! Plus it's not one of these meds that has initial side effects that you have to endure before it kicks in, this is supposed to work pretty much straight away so it's not like it's something I need to persevere with.

I feel so exhausted it feels like my chest is too heavy to breathe. Anyone have experience with Kalma/Xanax? I would greatly appreciate your reply.

SADnomore
29-08-15, 02:49
Is this Kalma an over the counter product?

Ditapage
29-08-15, 08:12
Doctor prescribed it saying it would make me feel a whole lot calmer, and help me to sleep. Sleep yes, but I couldn't even go shopping today without feeling like I had lead weights attached to my legs and got scared I would pass out.

MyNameIsTerry
29-08-15, 08:42
It's not Valium, it's in the same class. So, don't look at the dose and compare it because Diazepam is often a higher mg to match some of the others.

This does come in a dose 50% lower than the one you are taking. It is also possible to break them in half.

So, perhaps this dose is a bit strong for you and you need to reduce it? I would suggest talking to your doctor to see what they think.

karenp
29-08-15, 10:34
I was going to say the same Terry, that the dose is probs very high as isn't Xanax one of the strongest benzos? I remember my ex bf was on it and said it knocked him out and moved onto Klonopin which is still miles stronger than my Ativan/Lorazepam.

Leah1971
04-09-15, 23:36
I personally didn't handle Xanax well either. It just knocked me out. I take diazepam now if I need anything. I have 2mg tablets. I'd suggest seeing your doctor and ask about something different.