PDA

View Full Version : Please Help

Alexalex
28-08-15, 17:29
Hi! I feel like whenever i get better and my symptoms disappear after a week or so I get something new thats even worse. I had my bloods done recently and they all came back fine, I was happy and my symptoms were gone. I found a little lump under my jaw thats really hard and doesnt move ( i found it when I was actually looking for something like that..) and ignored it at first because my bloods were fine. But now I'm back to going crazy about it, poking it and crying. Whenever i read about swollen glands everyone says that of they are soft and movable then not to worry... Well this one isn't and I really am terrified. I also have a nasty cold at the moment which isn't helping as it makes me feel really weak. Im only 21, i have a 1,5 years old son and I love everyone in my life so much and i just dont want to die.. I have a gp appointment booked but its friday next week and i will probaly go crazy by then. I went to the walk in centre yesterday and had a nurse there have a look at it and she said it didn't look like anything to worry about but to book a gp appointment. She also said that the gp is likely to not do anything about it if i dont get any night sweats or weight loss. I had a problem with my neck a few weeks ago when I couldn't really move it and it really hurt then, my ears were getting blocked and that was just before i found the lump. I also have a tooth that should be removed and the gums are growing on top of it... Could that cause the hard gland to swell? Sorry about the long post...

sial72
28-08-15, 17:48
Hello
Obviously not a doc but the tooth problem could maybe be causing it, or even if not, in any case you should get that tooth sorted, that is important x

Greenman50
28-08-15, 18:19
Alex ...hi and welcome :hugs:

Had hard none movable nodes under my arms and chin before , like you massive panick but 5 years later still here .

My Doc said it happens ( your cold will be the cause ) .

Mine was chronic sore throat that caused it , the nodes can stay up for months and sometimes never go down she said :shrug:.

Your 21 you are fine , the more proding and checking i did the worse it went pain under my chin , in my neck etc etc , then i did get night sweats through worry !

I know its hard but ignore and wait for the appointment the more you worry the worse the Symptoms feel as thats all you focus on .

Alexalex
29-08-15, 08:30
Thank you for your responses :hugs: its just annoying, i would never even know its there if I wasn't looking for it. Do you think blood test would show something if there was anything serious?