PDA

View Full Version : Justified feelings of anxiety

jj_94
29-08-15, 09:48
Hi everyone,
I'm trying to cope with my anxiety without medication through exposure to situations that make me uncomfortable and building up my confidence that way. In the past I've experienced some pretty severe depression from failed goals etc... I'm so hesitant to head out and face my fears if it means getting even worse or feeling like I need to go on medication again... Any advice on how to face fears in an orderly way that is achievable? That has more benefits( feel good vibes) to make it seem worth it?
Not sure if this makes much sense just thought I'd see if anyone has some advice :)

gregcool
07-09-15, 19:16
Hi jj...well small steps at a time is my advice..slowly expose yourself to the fear bit by bit..i done this a few years ago..i couldnt get on buses and trains,so started with the bus first..what i did was goto the bus stop and watch buses stop and move on.i did this every day for a week..then week two i got onto the bus and got off at the next stop.i had fear and panic but could manage it for one stop.i did this every day for a few days,then stayed on for a few stops and kept increasing it every couple of days.after about a month i could get on any bus for any distance and still can.in fact i love getting on them..i did the same with trains over a longer period tho.i couldnt aford to get on a train every day but after a few months i was able to get the train right to to o2 from hemel..thats overground and underground..all on my own..i dont go onto trains much because i have no nead.but when i do get on one im still a bit anxious,but it calms down as i tel myself iv done this before....so take it slow and small steps....good luck

HaroldMorse
21-09-15, 11:21
It is good to build self-confidence within you and deal with your anxiety. To face any kind of fear you need to be calm and face the situation, but it is impossible for most of the people to deal with such situations and they took some anti-anxiety medicines for this. All the best for you. Hope you will come out of your depression soon.