PDA

View Full Version : On the mend

AnxietySuc
29-08-15, 16:55
Hi guys,
I had an account on here before but I've forgotten my username and password.
Anyway I decided to make a new account. When I was posting on here before I was in such a horrible place. I've had depression, hypochondria and anxiety since I was 10. Last year I was experiencing panic attacks 5 times a day, heart palpitations, severe hypochondria and depression. I was prescribed Prozac 16 months ago 20mg and I was seeing CAMHS weekly. I stopped seeing CAMHS in march as I had turned 18. I genuinely thought I would never ever feel better and that I would feel the way I did for life. It's the 29th of August now, I've been off of prozac for 10 days and apart from withdrawal symptoms I feel great. Before anyone asks, I didn't cold turkey and I've been cutting down for months. When I completely stopped taking I was on 1 every 5 days. Suppose I was just one of the unlucky ones and I'm experiencing bad withdrawal symptoms. 16 months ago I was in the doctors office having a panic attack and not letting her go near my heart. Nowadays, I feel great, I get the odd down day but doesn't everyone. My anxiety still isn't brilliant and I still have my hand tremor. But I am definitely on the road to recovery, moving out on Saturday and starting uni. I just wanted to post to help other people and let people know it is possible. You can and will get better. I'm still obsessed with my heart but not as much as I ever was. Good luck everyone and remember you will recover. Also if anyone has any suggestions on helping withdrawal symptoms that'd be brilliant. I feel very sick, headaches and dizzy spells. Thank you!

Greenman50
29-08-15, 17:18
Great post glad you are better :yahoo:

sial72
29-08-15, 18:09
Lovely encouraging post.
Recommendation for withdrawal...exercise, exercise, exercise...xx

Oosh
29-08-15, 19:40
That's great.

If the Prozac is out of your system you could maybe try something like 5-htp to counter any drop in your serotonin levels. I know mdma users like to use it to counter their serotonin plummeting after mdma use. Not to be taken whilst still having Prozac in your system though due to serotonin syndrome.

Exercise, good nutrition, you'll balance out eventually. I was on Prozac for four years. Enjoy being able to feel things again :yesyes:
It's a bit rough at first but it passes.