PDA

View Full Version : Mole removal wound not healing well

Smiley82
29-08-15, 23:37
Bah! So approximately 4.5 months I had two moles removed from my back by a plastic surgeon (excised with dissolvable stitches). The dr who referred me to him and the surgeon both said the moles were benign and therefore they weren't biopsied. Well after a couple of months, the area where I had the lower back mole removed still wasn't healed well. It was reddish and still scabbed. 3 months later! It almost felt like there was a bump there; a stitch or scar tissue or something under the skin. I went back to the surgeon and he said it wasn't infected and could just take a long time to heal. But of course I picked at it and now 4.5 months it still hasn't healed well. Now I'm panicked it was skin cancer and was never biopsied. I'm so worried. Has anyone else had a wound that just wouldn't heal well? Or took months to heal?

Fishmanpa
30-08-15, 00:06
the surgeon and he said it wasn't infected and could just take a long time to heal. But of course I picked at it and now 4.5 months it still hasn't healed well.

Stop picking, poking and prodding and it will resolve. I've been cut several times in surgery and your surgeon is right. It takes a long tme to heal completely.

Positive thoughts