PDA

View Full Version : Hiya, I'm new :)

Bookcrazy
30-08-15, 00:08
Hiiii :)
My name is Rachel, I'm 18 and currently in my 2nd year of sixth form, studying for my a levels! :yesyes:
Iv been having panic attacks since January. They were mild at first, but they are severe now; with me having sometimes 3 a day :(
These last few weeks have become unbearable and every time I speak to my mum about them she's like, "Oh! Just ignore them, you'll get over them soon, nothing to worry about. You can be a hypochondriac sometimes."
Yeah.... not exactly helpful.
So I joined this so I could speak to people going through the same as me, and hopefully can relate and understand that when sometime is telling me to calm down and breathe during a panic attack they're not exactly helping, because if I could breathe I damn well would lol! :bighug1:

Pepperpot
30-08-15, 00:33
Hi and welcome :)

Hahaha - my mam is the same - she says "just calm down and relax" which annoys me cos I don't feel stressed lol. I started off with the feeling of not being able to breathe. Bloody awful. What has set you off having these do you think?
x

sial72
30-08-15, 08:04
Hi Rachel and welcome
I would recommend you read a Claire Weekes book xx

Bookcrazy
30-08-15, 13:27
Hi and welcome :)

Hahaha - my mam is the same - she says "just calm down and relax" which annoys me cos I don't feel stressed lol. I started off with the feeling of not being able to breathe. Bloody awful. What has set you off having these do you think?
x

Yeah! My mum says the same! Then I get wound up because if anything is making me stressed its her telling me not to stress! I don't blame her though, as she doesn't have them so she cant relate, so she's only trying to help, but that makes it worse sometimes lol.

In January, I was doing some college research on brain injurys and in particular epidural hemorrhages which are caused by an impact to the head. A few hours after doing my homework, I was play fighting with my sister for control of the TV remote when she accidentally hit me across the head with it. I was completely fine, except for my head hurting a little, but then I had a massive panic attack, thinking I was gonna die of an epiduarl hemorrage from what I had previously read during my research. And it all started from there and has just got considerably worse over these last few months.

The not being able to breathe bit is really bad especilly when i start getting the chest pains, but its the feeling of doom and thinking im gonna die which is usually the catalyst for all the other symptoms. God, those death feelings are so freaking scary!!! :scared15:

---------- Post added at 13:27 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Hi Rachel and welcome
I would recommend you read a Claire Weekes book xx

Hey! Iv seen a few posts about getting one of her books, I'm gonna buy one as they look really good!
I'm waiting for a book to be delivered from Amazon called Panic Attacks by Christine Ingham, which looks good too.
Iv also printed off a self help panic guide from the Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS website, which is quiet good.
Im just buying all different types of things to try and help me learn to control them better :)