PDA

View Full Version : Trying REALLY hard not to worry about stomach pains...

KayeS
30-08-15, 01:07
For about the past two weeks, I've been experiencing lots of stomach and abdomen discomfort...

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a stomach ache, but my stomach/abdomen just feels more sore inside. When I eat or drink, within about 10 minutes, I get a sore kind of sensation in my stomach and bowels, and some days I have real bloating and discomfort. I've had more gas than usual and been burping a lot too. This has gone on for over two weeks now. There have actually been a few days where the symptoms have more or less completely gone but they keep coming back. The last 5 days or so they've changed somewhat and I'm getting more specific pains in my stomach when I eat or drink. My bowel movements have been totally normal (for me), no constipation or diarrhoea, and as regular as normal. I'm trying to keep telling myself that everything else I've had in the past has eventually subsided but obviously my worry keeps creeping in. I've never been officially diagnosed but I'm pretty sure I have IBS triggered by too much dairy or gluten. I don't usually eat these things, but when I do for a prolonged period of time, it usually triggers some sort of flareup with stomach and bowel discomfort... it's happened about 4 times over the last 6 years or so when I first started to experience these 'flareups'... and although I keep telling myself that this is just another one of those, and it will pass, I can't help but worry... sigh...