PDA

View Full Version : Cant seem to find the right help

jj_94
30-08-15, 12:07
Just wondering if anyone else has had trouble finding the right doctor for them? I've been to about 5 different ones for anywhere from 3 weeks to 4 months but no-one has been right for me... is this normal?

sial72
30-08-15, 13:39
Yes, I do think that nowadays it can be quite hard to find a good doctor.
On the other hand there are some out there so maybe you have just been unlucky or your expectations are too high.
What do you find has been the problem?

jj_94
31-08-15, 02:44
Mainly that they weren't helping me sort through my problems and how to fix them they prescribed medication and then sort of kept saying we'll check back later... Not really helping with what was bothering me, they all sort of diagnosed me a bit differently as well which was confusing..

blue moon
31-08-15, 03:57
Hi jj:D
You have to be very direct with the docs I have found that out the hard way.Where are you from?

Petra x

MyNameIsTerry
31-08-15, 04:26
That sounds like my GP, maybe he is moonlighting in Australia? :D

Overhere GP's may have 5-10 minutes per appointment so they can't help us much. You get much more out of the referral services but since they cna take time to access, GP's are stuck with someone coming back over & over so they dish out the meds. NICE guidelines don't agree with this at all, but investing in a service that is decades behind means major cash and they don't get it so it will be a long time before we catch up with best practice.

Thats not all bad thought because it has meant a lot of charities have sprung up and filling in the gaps. I've found the charity I went to good, but then it's all ex or current sufferers so you would expect it to be good for it's members.

Put your doctors on the spot. Take questions and steer them towards what you want so they are less able to march you through an appointment so they can get you out the door again.

jj_94
31-08-15, 11:11
Gold Coast :) How about you?

blue moon
01-09-15, 09:14
Canberra,moving back to Townsville at the end of month:D