PDA

View Full Version : Increase dosage or come off citalopram ???

xliljosiex
30-08-15, 12:51
Hi there,

I have been on citalopram 20mg for 2 years now and they have been amazing, about 4 weeks ago out of nowhere I felt INTENSE depression , tingling in my hands and head even a little suicidal and that lasted for a few days. I've visited the doc who said I could increase but I opted for a few tablets of diazepam to get me through what I hoped was a 'blip' .
As I said that was 4 weeks ago and since then I have not been back to myself, I have been feeling very depressed daily, it has improved slightly on some days but slip back down again! I literally feel like the tablets have stopped working for me now and I'm in a state trying to decide to increase or come off . I'm so petrified either way I just don't want to feel like this anymore ???

Greenman50
30-08-15, 13:02
Hi there .

My Mum has been on AD,s on and off for years .

At one time when she was better she tapered off and was fine for 5 years then the anxiety / deppression came back .

This time she stayed on the meds , and got better but they stopped working and had to switch .

The last bout she had they upped the meds along with CBT and she got better again but will never stop taking the meds .

Me.....

Been on CIT for 5 years and been great 100 % , even cut down to 10 mg to quit them but the anxiety and depression crept back so now back on 20 mg and i think i might be a little better .

I,m no expert but to my mind and everyone i have spoken to have said stay on the meds / increase / or swap for another .

I believe all the SSRI,s Work in a slightly different way so a switch might help ?