PDA

View Full Version : Bad thoughts upon waking up.

EchoingThoughts
30-08-15, 15:14
Does anyone else often get really awful feelings/thoughts when they wake up each morning?

I've had this problem on and off for years, sometimes its just a few times a month, other times it last longer.

I've been working on a project a couple of times a week for the past 6 weeks, and I really love doing this work, its years since i've enjoyed anything this much.

And yet on Thursday morning I woke up and my immediate thought was that I didn't want to go, it was all pointless, everything was worthless, and just an awful feeling of everything being pointless and no hope, and that in no way mirrors how i feel about my project work.

But an utterly disabling feeling, I'm sure (now, when I feel ok) if i was to get out of bed and get moving the feeling would lift but I just can't move for it.

Greenman50
30-08-15, 15:26
I have exactly the same problem , the alarm goes off and i get this feeling of dread and can,t go to work its awfull .

It wares off in a few hours , well enough so i can work 1/2 a day terrible .

You are right you need to force yourself but its so dam hard mines come on in the last few weeks but looking back i have been in decline for months and hid it with alcohol which makes it worse the next day .

I,ve ordered 3 self helps books from amazon i need to beat this

best wishes

EchoingThoughts
30-08-15, 18:15
I have exactly the same problem , the alarm goes off and i get this feeling of dread and can,t go to work its awfull .

It wares off in a few hours , well enough so i can work 1/2 a day terrible .

You are right you need to force yourself but its so dam hard mines come on in the last few weeks but looking back i have been in decline for months and hid it with alcohol which makes it worse the next day .

I,ve ordered 3 self helps books from amazon i need to beat this

best wishes

thats exactly how i'd describe it-a feeling of dread, but exactly what i'm dreading i never know.

bekw89
31-08-15, 17:29
Yep same here, I have to sort of hug myself lol really tightly. It takes a way a bit of the dread, not sure how.

Greenman50
31-08-15, 18:03
How do we make it to work then ?

Get through the dark period / through the day ?

I need to get back to work tomoz , if i don,t my excuses have run out ( self employed) its shit or bust for me this week :wacko:

Get well x

MissyMischief
31-08-15, 22:52
Yes, I know that feeling very well. I have two dogs that I sleep with, and honestly, a large percentage of the time, they are what gets me out of bed. They will not let me sleep! I know it's agonizing sometimes. I've used some positive self-talk, and that does help some. My counselor told me to use positive "What if..." sentences..."What if today turns out to be a really good day?" etc...

Take care :)

jadedreams
02-09-15, 18:10
Yes, I've been getting bad thoughts or feelings for months now since my current round with anxiety/depression. I am worried about having another bad day, sometimes I have to really talk myself into moving and sometimes my dogs do it for me too :)

I think we all need work on the positive "what ifs" and think of what good the day could hold.

SurfingWaves
06-09-15, 18:06
I get this almost every morning, I wake up and my heart starts pounding immediately and then my mind starts racing thru every problem in my life, mostly ones I can't change. I find once I drag myself out of bed and distract myself, I calm down a bit but then do have anxiety thru the day. Definitely worst when I wake up

Leah1971
06-09-15, 19:57
Yeah I get that too in the morning. My anxiety is always worse. I wake up then start to feel anxious and sick. Would be so easy to stay in bed and sleep all day, but just keep pushing through it until it leaves or at least subsides.

HaroldMorse
07-09-15, 06:44
I can understand this problem. If there will be something wrong happenings for all the days then, it is obvious that the person will be under depression and feel that again same thing will happen to him. It is better to have positive thoughts and if, again this is not sorted out then it is better to take some anti-depressant pills.