PDA

View Full Version : Panic and health anxiety; dizzy all the time

Appa_
30-08-15, 18:42
Hi! I already posted in the symptoms forum but then I saw about the introductions. This seems to be such a friendly and helpful community.

I've suffered anxiety and panic attacks all my life. I've been on Zoloft since I was 10 but still had panic attacks that would come up for a few months every few years or so. I went off Zoloft this past spring. My anxiety is worse, and especially my health anxiety.

I had bronchitis for six weeks (I thought what if it lasts forever), then I got shin splints (was sure it was a blood clot), then was dizzy and ended up in the ER, cardiologist, blah blah blah. Sinus arrhythmia but apparently my heart is fine. My BP runs lower these days which is weird but the cardio said its not really that low (runs between 90s/60s to 115/80 - the latter has always been normal for me.

Anyway I am a teacher and anxiety makes it impossible to do my job. The panic attacks and dizziness started the week before school so it makes sense that it's all related. I've taken 2 days off work so far in the past three weeks because of it.

I've began to accept that physically I'm fine, my chest pains and stomach pains are going away. I started my Zoloft again a few days ago. The dizziness is so bad. It lasts all day. I don't really feel like I'm going to faint or fall over, but it's so annoying and always there. I'm trying to make myself eat but that's hard when you're anxious or afraid of becoming anxious.

Sorry for the long post. This site is awesome. Good luck to all of you

venusbluejeans
30-08-15, 18:50
Hiya Appa_ and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

AnxietyDJ
30-08-15, 19:48
Hey, welcome to the site :welcome:

I'm sure you can find some helpful information while you're here, as well as interacting with some lovely people.

Take care and feel better soon :)

Mark13
31-08-15, 19:09
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.