PDA

View Full Version : Glaucoma fear

Jamie123
30-08-15, 20:41
I was just wondering what does it mean by loss of peripheral vision as my vision feels weird recently. I attempted to test it but dont know what to look out for. E.g if I put my hand anywhere in my peripheral vision I can tell its there but e.g count the number of fingers without moving my eye to that spot however I read you should be able to count the fingers someone is holding up in your peripheral vision which scared me.. This has me very worried please everyone who replies be friendly and dont scare me. I also could have tunnel vision because of anxiety. I also got scared as from time to time I will bump into the door frame or edge of door or cupboard usually when Im worried. I would also like to add I had a normal eye test a while ago and the doctor said I needed glasses but only 0.75 in 1 and 0.5 in the other which he said isnt too bad. I am so scared of this or ARMD as my vision has been feeling strange for about a year but usually only when I think about it do I notice my vision feeling strange. please if anyone can give any advice

countrygirl
30-08-15, 21:50
When did you last have an eye test? If it was recently then all your worries are just worries as an eye test will check for all these conditions. The puffer test at an eye exam is for glaucoma etc .

If you haven't had an eye test at an opticians in the past year then go and get one done- its not expensive and mention your fears so they can explain to you why you haven't got any of the conditions you are fearing.

Hopefully this straight forward advice will not be scary and will mean you can get an answer to your fears.

Jamie123
30-08-15, 21:52
I dont remember exactly when I had the eye test but it was while I was experiencing my symptoms. Btw I dont remember them doing a puffer test when is that done? I do remember the optician scanning the back of my eye

Fishmanpa
30-08-15, 22:32
my vision has been feeling strange for about a year but usually only when I think about it do I notice my vision feeling strange. please if anyone can give any advice

This would indicate a mental issue as opposed to a physical one.

I've asked a few times in your threads before but are you getting any help with your anxiety? It just appears your spiraling and jumping from disease to disease almost day to day.

I'm just thinking that therapy and/or meds might help you get a grip on this.

Positive thoughts

Jamie123
30-08-15, 23:38
I am getting help thank for asking. Its just today my shoulder hit the doorway when I walked through it which made me scared. And when I started trying to count the number of fingers holding up in peripheral i got really scared as I couldnt or found it difficult. As well as noticing when playing first person games it feels strange and unnatural compared to before.

---------- Post added at 23:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

If anyone can answer is peripheral vision usually blurry or is it just me?