PDA

View Full Version : neck pain and severe migraine.- anuerysm???

Natasha006
31-08-15, 08:06
Hi all. .. A little background. For the last 6-7 months ( maybe even more ) iI have had severe neck pain in theback of my head where the spine meets the skull. I am thinking its tension bbecause my pillows suck and My work station at work is horrible. ... Wrong chair, desk height and ergonomics in general.
Anywaus the last couple of days this neck pain has been giving me severe headache
To the point where my eye hurts, my neck and shoulders are burning and my head feels like it's going to explode... I read that neck pain and muscle spasms in the neck can cause a blood clot to develop and this could cause an aneurysm and you can for.
Im now worried that I will have one because of the severity of my headaches due to the neck pain
Is that true that I can die from what started as a simple neck pain

carmen2012
31-08-15, 11:28
I get bad headaches in the back of my head when I'm stressed & they did freak me out when they started as head pain is usually on the front & top of head... I did visit my GP & she said migraines usually effect the front of the head & eyes this worried me more.. The headaches did go but I now know that when I'm stressed I get the same pain... My friend had a terrible headache last week on the back of her head & down her neck her Dr said it is migraine & they are possible at the back of the head...I think this could be the case with you migraines sometimes last a few days & can come & go also taking too many pain killers can also cause a headache.. Try to get some relaxation & rest it helps hope you feel better soon

Natasha006
03-09-15, 07:45
There is no doubt in my mins that the headaches are caused by stress and due to neck pain.
My worry is that neck pain... Especially one that is at the base of ur skull can cause a blood clot.. I heard that many clots can start out this way.