PDA

View Full Version : urgent help please!

panicking person
31-08-15, 14:33
hello guys

have just joined and looking for some help

i have come down with a severe cough and slight cold, i am experiencing postnasal drip which is making me choke, gag and want to vomit as an attempt to clear all the mucus

it feels as though my throat and air way is blocked

i am so scared but dunno if this is in part anxiety
i am scared this is going to kill me and i will sto breathing, is it possible to die this way or would a person who if still able to breathe through their nose capable of living?

if it did close up completely what would the hopital do

please someone help i am scared of dying

venusbluejeans
31-08-15, 14:48
Hiya panicking person and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Hazelnut
31-08-15, 14:59
Hi panicking person,

Unfortunately I have not experienced these symptoms myself, but I am aware that there is a NHS number that you can call in the UK for non-emergency urgent medical help. That number is 111.

Good luck, and let us know how you get on. :hugs:

sammie13s
31-08-15, 15:06
Hi. It sounds to me like your full of a cold and on top of that panicking. Your not going to die. Why don't you take a couple of paracetomol, go for a nice bath and get in bed and relax xx