PDA

View Full Version : Think I had my first anxiety attack

j24730
31-08-15, 15:53
So yesterday I was lying on my bed and got a sharp pain in my chest, it made me completely freak out and within 10 seconds I felt faint, was sweating and felt nauseus. I got up and walked it off. It came back again later that night and compeltely freaked me out, I thought I was having a heart attack despite the fact my chest wasn't that sore. I think I just need peace of mind that it's not something serious because that's what's scaring me.

I eventually got to sleep last night but didn't manage to sleep very long. I've woke up today and i;m a bit anxious, feeling like it could come back on at any minute and it's scaring the hell out of me. I've been awake for 5 hours now and the anxiety is yet to leave me. Can't stop googling it. I'm 20 years old and really don't want to make a big deal of it but don't know what to do.

Can anyone provide me with some advice or help? Thanks.

Oosh
31-08-15, 21:12
Relax, it'll just be symptoms of anxiety. Nothing bad is gong to happen. Don't fear it happening again. It's that fear that makes it worse than it needs to be. You're not in any danger of anything. It's just adrenalin making your body react in funny ways that's all. Your heart and health are fine.

You been worrying about stuff lately ? Things feeling a bit out of control maybe ?
That's probably all it is. That's how it was with me. Worrying about stuff, the odd scary suggestion then your adrenalin is triggered and you feel anxiety symptoms.

Know that you're not in any danger and feel that relief and relax. If you have stuff worrying you write it down and find a solution you feel better about.