PDA

View Full Version : introduction

duskess
08-02-07, 15:56
hi everyone , ihave just become a member , i am new to joining forums though i was on as a guest a while back and thought i had alot in common with you all , i have agraphobia and depression , i was taking fluvoxumine for 10years i decided to come off them as they made me sleepy all the time although they did help in lots off other ways , i dont know if made a mistake as my depression went to severe , in Nov my docput meon citralopram , i took them 7weeks but they didnot help me although just becausethey had no effect on me i heard they are really good so bear with them if anyone has started on them,i have been on trazadone for over 2 weeks now im taking 200mgs and thinking of upping the doze soon , i know medication alone cant help me i need myself to help too , im unsureof how much to write hear , thankyou for reading and please be patient as i dont know how to reply etc ,good luck to you all.

wobily_lin
08-02-07, 16:07
elo,

A very big welcome to the site..ya will get great advice n support here...n make good friends who understand..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

honeybee3939
08-02-07, 16:19
Hi Dusky

And a BIG warm welcome to you, lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice while making new friends on the way.:D

Take a look at the First Steps (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=firststeps) pages also Dusty you may find them of interest.

Love

Andrea
xxx

"If you have a worry turn it into a problem, you cant solve worrys but you can solve problems"

trac67
08-02-07, 17:52
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'

duskess
09-02-07, 12:52
Thankyou for a warm welcome , I will take a look at the first steps page Wobily Lin , It is taking the first step i dont seem able to do at the moment , Im glad i found the site its nice to be able to read advice and email others . Take care Wobbly lin , honeybee and Trac 67 xxx

Ma Larkin
09-02-07, 12:57
Hi dusky, welcome to NMP. I had trouble finding a med that suited me for years. I tried Prozac many years ago and decided to give it another go and it worked for me. Luckily, I am not med free, although I do take Quiet Life tablets as and when I need them (still suffer with insomnia).

Write as much as you want hun, just get it all off your chest and I'm sure you will get lots of good advice and reassurance.

Les, xx

wobily_lin
09-02-07, 15:15
ELO DUSKY,

A very warm welcome to the site...great support n advice here..n good friends who understand..x

Take care,
Lin xxx
"Fear is dat lil darkroom, wer negatives r developed", so positive thoughts okies!!!!!

pamella
09-02-07, 16:40
hello,i too suffer with depression and am becoming agrophobic2.i suffer panic attacks with the result i dont want to go out anywere now in case i hav panic.feel safe with my mum so she takes me shoppin,tescos.i feel safe with her,dont no why.do u hav anyone u feel safe with.i wont even take poor dog walk now case i collapse,i should say hav panic,i felt very alone but joining here,joined bout week ago,has really helped me knowing im not alone.if i can be of any help,even just to hav moan to get in touch.take care.x

pjrobb

nomorepanic
10-02-07, 14:32
Hi Dusky

A warm welcome aboard.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

People will forget what you said
People will forget what you did
But people will never forget how you made them feel

duskess
11-02-07, 07:23
Hello Everyone and thanyou for the replys , It is nice to find such lovely caring people , like you were Ma Larkin i am trying to find medication that suits me at the moment , I have had a very bad 24hrs with depression etc , my other half is going to get the doc to visit on Mon , I asked her if i could go into hospital in Dec but she advised me to bear with it saying home was better than hospital , i hope the Trazadone helps me a little bit . Its seems to be 1 step forward and 2 steps back for me , When i was on Fluvoxamine i managed most housechores , cooking , visiting doc myself , shopping sometimes , etc , I wonder if i should go back on them because now it looks like the pros outweigh the cons , Thankyou again everyone for replying Take care Dusky xxx

ruth76
11-02-07, 10:03
Hi Dusky
I am new here aswell and the people are very kind on this site . We are all going through a similar thing. It will get better just takes time medication is not a bad thing it prob saved my life as I had severe anxiety and depression.Any time you need to talk im here.
ruthx:)