PDA

View Full Version : Health anxiety coming back

jared
31-08-15, 20:30
I've been worried about a move coming up soon, and I've had about 3 days of constant worry. All of a sudden my upper left arm started hurting. Naturally thinking heart attack. My neck has also started feeling sharp pulled pains. So I have been freaking about that but knowing my anxiety it was probably just that. But after I'd calm down it would still hurt. So I thoughf,

Positive : I was stressed, it tensed and was sore.
Negative : I was stressed, blood clot/heart attack.

So I went in yesterday morning for a BP check (I am on Bp meds), 170/110. Nurse said you're staying here. I was totally calm when they took the reading. I stayed and it went down a little but she was going to admit me to ER. I said no even though my arm hurt. Msmart? I dunno. But it went away eventually and I had my g/f rub cream on the areas that hurt (it flared up again on a drive), and that helped but now after goin up the stairs with loads of laundry it hurts again so I've been freaking out majorly having waves of panic. HR was 120. After sitting! And then I paid down and it went to 76. So that was ok. But it just seems my anxiety is flaring but I'm so worried it's heart. I've had chest pains before (just read my old posts) but my doc Says its chostocondritis. I take 20 mg of prozac, 200mg of wellbutrin for depression, and xanax as needed 1 mg a day.

I called my dr and ordered a Holter monitor to wear. I'm 28, don't smoke, but have high Bp and cholesterol despite Bp meds. I do drink moderately, but stay away from sugar and most carbs. We will see I fuess. Mom is a nurse and says its anxiety and not to throw my money away but im so worried. Never had an EKG before or any heart tests besides blood pressure, pulse, doctor listening to heart, and lipid panels. I'm already $12,000 in debt and I'm afraid of accruing more, and that maybe it won't even solve my anxiety? Help? lol

lifegoeson69
31-08-15, 21:34
Sharp, pulled pains sound exactly what I have. It gets worse as I get more anxious and I think its hypersensitivity. The pains are not bad but present themselves in such a way that makes me anxious and think it could be something serious. Nevertheless I feel they are just perceived to be worse and more acute than they are as we are looking out for them and on red alert for them - does this make sense to you? I get them on the right side of m neck and this sometimes radiates up into my head. Hope this helps.