PDA

View Full Version : Light-headedness as a symptom

Alice1990
31-08-15, 21:04
Hi guys,

I am new to this site and was just looking to see if anyone else seems to suffer with light-headedness as I have done for the past year or so.

It all started around the beginning of last year where I noticed myself feeling light-headed and faint when I went out one day. Instead of going away, the lightheadedness seemed to continue so I went to see my doctor.

He just recommended that I had tests done (bloods, ecg) and that the way I was feeling was probably due to not eating enough.

However the problem still continues,despite eating regularly. It only seems to happen when I am out in public, especially when quite far away from home.

So I was just wondering, does anyone else suffer with this and is it possibly anxiety? I do worry that I am going to faint but the worry does seem to come from feeling lightheaded in the first place.

Thanks,
Alice :)

sammie13s
31-08-15, 21:56
When your out in public of you feel anxious? X

Alice1990
31-08-15, 22:33
Hi Sammie13s,

I would say yes since I've been getting this symptom. I get worried that I am going to feel faint and I do seem to concentrate on it.However I feel that if I didn't get this symptom then I wouldn't feel anxious, I'd just be able to get on with my day x

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Hi Sammie13s,

I would say yes since I've been getting this symptom. I get worried that I am going to feel faint and I do seem to concentrate on it.However I feel that if I didn't get this symptom then I wouldn't feel anxious, I'd just be able to get on with my day x

sammie13s
01-09-15, 09:16
I'd say it's anxiety then Hun. Are you dizzy when your relaxed and feeling happy? Xx

rose722
02-09-15, 16:00
I get this too. I think if I haven't eaten anything (like in the morning) then that makes it worse. Can be quite hard to get yourself to eat though when you're anxious. I try to drink water and eat stuff like yoghurt or fruit smoothies instead.

sammie13s
02-09-15, 23:15
Have you been to see ENT?? Xx