PDA

View Full Version : First proper panic attack in years!

cattia
31-08-15, 22:00
Today I had what I think is my first proper panic attack in 8 or 9 years. I still have anxiety and I used to get a lot of panic attacks. Lately I have been anxious about many things and my stress levels have been building up for a while. I have been tired and run down and to add to it my husband and I have not been getting on for some time. We had just had an argument and I was feeling very stressed and worked up. All of a sudden, my whole body started to feel weak and I started to feel very shaky and light headed. I then started to worry that I was having a stroke. I was driving at the time and I thought I was going to pass out as I felt so weak and shaky so I pulled over. On reflection, I think this was a panic attack. I have had these many times in the past. It wore off but at the time I really thought I would faint. I guess this is a warning sign that I have been more stressed than I realise.

Jamie123
01-09-15, 12:28
Sometimes we dont realise how stressed we are until it finally boils over and suddenly it comes out in an all out panic attack. Happens to me all the time and usually causes me even more stress and this becomes a vicious circle. I hope you feel better now and can go another long period with no panic attacks:)

cattia
01-09-15, 20:56
Thanks for the reply. I didn't sleep well last night and I have realised that I was a lot more stressed than I thought. The good thing is that I used to be terrified of panic attacks but now I understand what they are and why they happen they don't hold the same fear for me any more. It is a warning sign to watch my stress levels and deal with some of my stress though.