PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?? Please respond...

adam4little
01-09-15, 04:20
Hi--lately I've been obsessed with my swallowing. This came about after having swallowed a chip the wrong way while on an airplane and having the thought "OMG what if I choked up here?!" Anyway, I've noticed that food particles are left lying around in the area between my gums and cheek especially dry/crumbly foods. Is this normal??? How often does it happen to you??

sammie13s
01-09-15, 09:19
Funny enough I was eating a pot noodle on a Sunday and this happened to me. Bloody frightening. Iv just tried not thinking about it xx

adam4little
01-09-15, 13:37
What part happened to you?

Are the food particles normal?

Thank you !

sammie13s
01-09-15, 14:37
It felt like I was going to choke on the noodles it really frightened me. It felt as though my throat was closing xx

adam4little
01-09-15, 16:52
Thank you for your response. It's a scary feeling!

What I'm more concerned with is the food particles. Specifically, Is seeing food between the cheek and the gum after swallowing normal?

Anyone??

---------- Post added at 15:13 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

107 views and only one response? Please could anyone weigh in here...? Im just hyper focused

---------- Post added at 15:52 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Maybe I need to clarify my question:

Is it normal to after swallowing notice food particles in the space between your cheeks and gums? Thank you.

TheMadOladCoger
01-09-15, 18:13
Hi,

I'm not 100% on the question, but you seem to be asking if its normal that after you have swollen some food there is still a little left in the mouth. I don't really see that a something bad I some times have eaten and then found bits of food stuck in my teeth and the by my gums. It has never worried me and I don't think it should worry you. Like you said you hare hyper focused on this and should probably stop worrying as much as it doesn't seem to be anything bad.

Peace

inha
01-09-15, 18:13
Hi, I'm not sure I understand your question too well, but if you're talking about bits of food left in your mouth after swallowing, I would say it's normal!
See, you started noticing it after you had this incident on the plane, because you became focused on this particular thing. You were trying to find something wrong, basically, and you did, but to me it sounds like something that happens to absolutely anyone.
I often find I still have bits of food between my teeth and cheek right after eating.
You should probably look for help with your anxiety if you can !

adam4little
01-09-15, 18:24
Hi, sorry...Im in a bit of panic I think and not making sense.

So, yeah Ive basically begun doubting every normal facet of swallowing. Ive noticed after swallowing and immediately checking, that there are bits of food in the area between my cheek and teeth/gums and I was wondering if this was a common finding because for whatever reason it is freaking me out. Im doubting whether Ive had this before, etc.

TheMadOladCoger
01-09-15, 18:35
Hi,

I understand now thank you for explaining a bit more. I think what you are experiencing is very normal but you have now noticed it so have begun to focus on it which is a shame I have had this kind of thing in the past for other things so I know it is hard. So I think you need to break the cycle, eat and don't check it's hard to do and I personally wish I could take my own advice and not check.

I personally think it is a very normal thing and that you HA is making you worry, also as inha said you should consider getting help with your Anxiety. I personally have decided it is time for me to take control again and if someone as stubborn as me can I hope that you can also.

Peace

adam4little
01-09-15, 19:46
So, you all get this?

Fishmanpa
01-09-15, 20:01
So, you all get this?

***As I run my tongue through my mouth and find a piece of my lunch***... YEP! (Hmmm... I think I may need a toothpick too!)

Positive thoughts

adam4little
02-09-15, 17:01
Thank you all for your responses.

Any one else notice this after swallowing/eating?

adam4little
04-09-15, 19:08
Bumping this...

Sorry reassurance needed!

Fishmanpa
04-09-15, 19:20
Forgive me but what exactly your concern? People eat and have food stuck in their teeth, between their cheek and gum etc. all the time. It's the nature of eating.

Positive thoughts

Pepperpot
04-09-15, 21:31
It is perfectly normal - it just means you didn't swallow all your food. And it will be there for next time ;)