PDA

View Full Version : Terrified of kidney stone

gordie1
01-09-15, 07:09
Hi there I had no sleep last night I've got severe lower back pain going down my left leg could not find a position to get comfortable in feeling shivery and nauseated can hardly walk I have had sciatica before and it was similar pain to this though not as bad I'm panicking its a kidney stone as I feel sick and shivery if it was a kidney stone I might have to go into hospital and I'm terrified of hospital if it was a kidney stone would it affect my walking

MyNameIsTerry
01-09-15, 09:50
The best thing to do would be to see your GP and let them diagnose it for you. It could easily be more intense sciatica, which is what it sounds like to me with the pain down the left leg as thats where the nerve runs. I've known 2 people with kidney stones and neither has had left leg pain with it.

You may need some anti inflammatories if it has gotten worse but see what your GP says.

MrAndy
01-09-15, 09:55
i had a kidney stone about three years ago ,the pain is intense but doesnt go down your leg or stop you from walking properly
its a dull intense pain like nothing ive ever felt before,mine was found on an ultra sound scan

blue moon
01-09-15, 10:51
Worse than giving birth,bloody kidney stones I had 2 back a few years ago,the quack pumped me with morphino and sent me home to see if they would pass,they did but will never forget the pain.

vivianthigpen
01-09-15, 12:34
A kidney stone is a solid mass like crystalline mineral material formed inside the kidney or urinary tract. This problem often takes place in premature infants. Stones can occur when urine consists too much of certain substances that creates crystals. These crystals often develop into stones with time and you might notice the symptoms like pain in the belly area or side of the back, groin pain or testicle pain, abnormal urine color etc. Its treatment varies according to the severity of your symptoms.

countrygirl
01-09-15, 19:18
Does sound more like acute sciatica. I have known a few people with kidney stones and they were literally rolling round the floor screaming and they had bloody urine as well