PDA

View Full Version : It has happened again!

TheMadOladCoger
01-09-15, 09:59
Hello,

So last week I had my Ultrasound on the two Lymph Nodes above my adams apple as they have been slightly enlarged for the past 10 weeks. One twice the size of the other, I was told by the ENT who did it that they were fine and nothing too worry about. This was great news I was happy and had a full week of happiness.

However that hasn't lasted, I was shaving on on Friday and after I finished I decided to run my hand over my face as I always do to make sure I haven't missed any. During this I ran my hand over my Lymph Nodes I had the Ultrasound on the one was still lightly large but I didn't worry as it had been for so long but the other had gotten bigger.

I am confused, I have had them for around 10 weeks and they never changed at all really, but the week after I have had the checked the one has gotten bigger. I don't really know what to do, I feel like I shouldn't panic about it as I had them looked at but then I also feel like I should panic as the one has maybe doubled in size since the Ultrasound (I will add it's still small just bigger than previously)

Peace

Constant worry
01-09-15, 14:25
I think it is your anxiety playing with you, making you magnify every little detalil you notice, that happens to me all the time especially with moles, i think (i am sure) they have changed but than i have them checked out and they are fine, until another time.... in my opinion you are just extra vigilant, like a lot of us ha sufferers. Also if you had ultrasound a week ago and it was fine i think it is very unlikely that something would change so quickly. Try to relax, i know it's hard, i am currently in great brain tumor fear and am finding it really difficult.

TheMadOladCoger
01-09-15, 18:29
Hi,

Yeah I am like that but from once I actually think it has grown since I had it checked, anyway I was at my doctors since its my 6 week check up on my IBS (That is actually far better than before which is great) I asked my doctor who I trust he is the only one that understands my HA about them and he said they still art worrying. He said it had grown but thats perfectly normal for a lymph node and as I have a couple that are swollen he isn't worried as my body is fighting something that he isn't worried about.

He told me to not mess with them for a while and just to keep and eye on them and to come in if they get to a point where they are over 1.5cm. He said to tell the truth he would only be worrying if they where the size of a bouncy ball and rubbery not like what mine are now which is good news I guess.

I think I just need to leave them for a while, the chances of anything being sinister after me having an Ultrasound and being told that they benign is low.

I will do my best to not mess with them for a while.

Peace

---------- Post added at 18:29 ---------- Previous post was at 18:07 ----------

I have just got in contact with my local NHS anxiety help group Wolverhampton Healthy Minds, I was referred to them by a Doctor about 3 months ago did everything they asked and was sent some self help sheets and how to cope at home with Stress and HA. Anyway I feel that if I am still second guessing ENT's, Ultrasounds and my Doctor who I trust it is probably time for me to get face to face help with my Stress and HA I have emailed and requested that I have another phone interview and then maybe start with some face to face talks that they offer and then move on to CBT.

They didn't believe that I needed CBT last time as they said I am very rational and understand I have a problem, but I guess they will rethink this if I tell them that I think my HA is taking over my rational brain.

Just wanted to add this.

Peace

adam4little
01-09-15, 18:41
Clogger,

I went through this obsession two years ago. I found a lymph node in my neck, was referred for ultrasound, where the tech told me they had found many more lymph nodes also swollen and I spent the next two weeks in hell worried about this. When I saw the ENT he basically said no big deal, and that they were small enough not to matter (even though I could feel all of them). For the next six months to a year, I spent all of my time feeling for lymph nodes, and wouldn't you guess it, I found one in my armpit, a very small one near the base of my neck, in my groin next to my anus (sorry!), back of knee, and another in my neck. The biggest of these was the one in my neck next to my adams apple and the one in my armpit. Both painless and about the size of a small almond. Saw an ENT who again said don't worry "see me if anything changes." Long story short, Im here three years later, the lymph nodes are still just as big but Im doing fine. Feel quite healthy most of the time, actually.

TheMadOladCoger
01-09-15, 18:54
adam4little,

Thanks for the response, I am the same I have been told that I have more than the two I know of I mess with them and try and feel them just to check if they haven't grown but I guess that it just messing and making them worse. I was lucky enough to have an ENT do my Ultrasound as I was told that is the normal thing in the UK so that if a biopsy is needed it can be done without me having to go back after a night of worry.

The ENT was the same with me told me not to worry and that everything was okay my doctor said "See me if anything changes" like you were told.

I am very glad to hear your story it has made me feel better as your story seem similar to mine even the position of the lymph nodes. I am also glad that you are feeling healthy most of the time and I hope that it stays that way for you.

Peace