PDA

View Full Version : No strength in voice - please help.

Angibec
01-09-15, 19:29
Does anyone else have this symptom. When I talk my voice seems as though there is no strength behind it. I talk and my voice breaks and it feels uncomfortable. I've been suffering with acid reflux and am taking lansosprasole but of course I'm thinking all sorts. I'm currently going through a break up in my 26 year marriage so am feeling very anxious about s lot of things. I always worry about me health and this is really getting me down. Any advice would be so appreciated or someone who can relate to this. Thanks.

2Anxious
01-09-15, 20:04
That's pretty weird. A few days ago I was more anxious than I've been for a while in a certain situation and I felt like my voice had no power either. Does this only happen when you're feeling anxious or is it all the time? It was only for that period of anxiousness for me.

I also suffer from bad acid reflux but I'm not sure it's connected for me.

Angibec
01-09-15, 21:37
Thank you for responding. It seems to get worse when I get anxious. I've had periods over the last year or so where my voice seems weak, but it's more so now. Doc said acid can affect the vocal chords and give the hoarseness. When it really gets bad I start swallowing a lot too but once the anxiety starts to calm down then so does the weak voice. I hate HA. I always think I have something sinister. Again thanks for responding.

23tana
01-09-15, 22:19
I find I clear my throat and yawn a lot when I'm anxious. When I go to bed I give like a large hiccup and it releases all the tension I've had in my throat.