PDA

View Full Version : In a Panic !

Angela24
02-09-15, 08:55
I am hoping someone can help me. I have changed jobs to where I am looking at a screen for most of the day and I obviously tense my chin (the area under my mouth) and its now so sore and I am so obvious of my chin now. I dont know how to relax this muscle??
Can anyone advise me?
thank you

John87
02-09-15, 09:05
Hi Angela, I work at a desk all day to. Do you find your self leaning on your arm with your chin? I do it quite a lot! Not only will it make your chin sore, it's all about posture as well. Make sure you sit at the desk correctly, monitors are at eye height etc. If you Google desk posture some images come up of how you should be sitting.

Easier said than done with it! I am trying to change my bad habits at the moment as they cause me to have a bad back quite often! Felt like I was at the school when the doctor was telling me to sit up straight and don't slouch!

Chris

Angela24
02-09-15, 11:31
Hi Chris
Thank you for that , as whilst reading that I realised do have my hand under my chin! I do a alot of proof reading so maybe this is the cause. Hopefully now that I am aware I do this my chin will 'feel better' in a few days and I wont to so 'aware' of it and the pain/ache will disapear.
Fingers crossed and thank you very much for responding :-)

John87
02-09-15, 12:38
Hi Angela,

No worries :) crazy how we all do similar things isn't it!

Chris