PDA

View Full Version : Frozen by anxiety

elik
02-09-15, 09:17
I'm sorry to be a bother but what the hell are you meant to do when you have had 11 years of anxiety and its continues to play around. Everything at the moment is setting off perplexing anxiety. One minute, I think everyone hates me, the next I think I'm a terrible person, then I hear of someones death who I don't know and get completely stricken by it and now am currently petrified of death.... Like I'm going to drop dead any second so feel like I've got seconds to live..

sial72
02-09-15, 13:18
First of all you are not a bother!...that is anxiety for you, it's soooo annoying how it is everchanging. What have you done so far to help yourself? Therapy, medication, exercise...?

elik
02-09-15, 15:35
I've done everything you can think of. The amount of years I have struggled with it has forced me to try everything and be very persistent but all I now feel is fear of the future because nothings working. I'm on top dose of sertraline have had therapy but that's widely spread out now and I exercise every day. Honestly losing it. I don't want to have to 'manage' this for the rest of my life. It has stopped me from going on holiday for 7 years, stops me getting too close to people, will probably stop me from having kids, etc. I HATE IT. I am 22 and my life is restricted by something I feel is just pathetic but impossible.

sial72
02-09-15, 18:29
Have you read Claire Weekes or listened to her audio download?

elik
03-09-15, 12:54
No, is this something that you recommend?